Witnessing the downfall of Tom Brady

Closed Thread
Old 09-21-2022, 05:35 AM

For years, Boston fans read stories about age catching up with Brady. They were all wrong. He went on to collect 4 or 5 more rings since the first one was published.
Old 09-21-2022, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Iwaszko View Post
It has always amazed me that most great athletes don't know when to quit. Tom Brady like
the Kronk should have called it quits. They can't stand leaving at the top, unlike Michel Jordan who was forced into retirement when they traded all the other team players. The did him a very very big favor. But, he fell into the ego trap and thought he could play baseball, wrong.

Now that they have defensive lineman who are 6 ft 5 inches 325 pounds and run the 40 as fast as backs, it is only a matter of time before they introduce themselves to Tom in not so nice a way. It will be sad to see him get injured before the season is out. BUT, it will be his own fault.

Boxers are notorious for this also. While they may be great athletes their brains are in short supply. It will be truly sad to see such a great player get his head handed to him. If he were smart he would get out now. It is better to be a live goat than a crippled one. Please save yourself Tom, we really don't want to see it happen.
What downfall?
Did you see the game this week?
Old 09-21-2022, 06:46 AM

I will say he is a smart man and he will make a decision that’s good for him & his family. God bless him
Old 09-21-2022, 07:00 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,194 Times in 761 Posts

Maybe you think it's a downfall , but for what they paid him, it's a windfall for him..
Old 09-21-2022, 07:06 AM

Game has changed. QB wears a skirt, throw the ball away almost any time, receivers wear glue gloves. Brady wouldn't last 3 years in the 60's
Old 09-21-2022, 07:17 AM

The rule is "Father time is undefeated," but Tom Brady is the exception to that rule. What he has done to the level he has done it is unprecedented.
Old 09-21-2022, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tvflguy View Post
TB12 STILL has the unbridled talent, health, and competitive spirit. More than any other athlete his age - esp in a hard hitting sport as NFL.

Personally I give him much hope and credit for this season. Sundays game was difficult with all the Bucs injuries. But they pulled it out. Now Mike Evans is suspended for next game, grrr.

Never count TB out. He had proven that time and again and again. He is the GOAT. Just hope that his last year, this one, ends well. And that his family issues mend well too.
Totally agree! TB is greatest of all time and he loves the game of football. You can never count him out even at the age he is now. I too hope he has a great year and stays healthy. He has provided me some of my greatest football memories when he was with the Patriots and now with Tampa.
Old 09-21-2022, 07:36 AM
Default Why

Quote:
It has always amazed me that most great athletes don't know when to quit. Tom Brady like
the Kronk should have called it quits. They can't stand leaving at the top, unlike Michel Jordan who was forced into retirement when they traded all the other team players. The did him a very very big favor. But, he fell into the ego trap and thought he could play baseball, wrong.

Now that they have defensive lineman who are 6 ft 5 inches 325 pounds and run the 40 as fast as backs, it is only a matter of time before they introduce themselves to Tom in not so nice a way. It will be sad to see him get injured before the season is out. BUT, it will be his own fault.

Boxers are notorious for this also. While they may be great athletes their brains are in short supply. It will be truly sad to see such a great player get his head handed to him. If he were smart he would get out now. It is better to be a live goat than a crippled one. Please save yourself Tom, we really don't want to see it happen.

Good part of it may be the rush they get from the competition along with the camaraderie in that team environment. Not just associated with elite players in sports. Also can be found in the military, especially among elite warrior teams. Both examples often have serious struggles breaking out and into "ho hum" normal, dull, everyday lifestyles. They get no rush going to the store to by a quart of milk and a loaf of bread.
Old 09-21-2022, 08:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

I wish Tom Brady the best. He has entertained us for years.

I hope he has an easy time with his next wife. I guess if he shows some women his checkbook that will make starting a second family a whole lot easier. He should have listened to his wife and helped raise his family. Enough already.
Old 09-21-2022, 08:51 AM

Quote:

Ego, pure ego.
Old 09-21-2022, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhtexasrn View Post
Ego, pure ego.
Skill, pure skill.
Old 09-21-2022, 09:00 AM

Tampa Bay, 2 and 0. Brady two touchdowns over 400 yards and 82,5 passer rating. Not the best in his career but in the middle of the NFL pack. Next Monday a 38 year old and a 45 year old go head to head. Brady wants that game over Green Bay.
Old 09-21-2022, 09:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,276 Times in 4,296 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhtexasrn View Post
Ego, pure ego.
Without it, one cannot compete on that level...

-Tom Petty
Old 09-21-2022, 09:47 AM

Quote:

Hmmmm, Just looking at the standings, it seems Brady is still undefeated. Just saying!
Old 09-21-2022, 10:43 AM

my fear is that Brady will get injured badly, once on the field the goat is just another opponent to crush. I hope not but I fear it a lot.
Closed Thread

Tags
tom, great, athletes, brady, sad

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.