Witnessing the downfall of Tom Brady

Closed Thread
Old 09-21-2022, 11:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Ego? His wife asked him to help raise his children. His Ego told him to play football. I don’t think that he made a good decision. He should never try to outguess his wife when a major request like that has been made. Oh well.

The request from his wife was a fact or just alleged?
Old 09-21-2022, 12:17 PM
Platinum member
Default Omaha,omaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by threeonemiles@outlook.com View Post
playing to erase the sting? I believe 7 championships is enough to say he has done well for himself. He has nothing to prove to anyone so there is no sting there. I also believe he will know when to retire without the drama; he loves the game and the competition. The draft is a crap shoot. Examples: Ryan leaf, jamarcus russell, akili smith, brian bosworth, robert griffin iii, johnny manziel, vince young, et.al. Good college players, but the nfl is a different stratosphere.
7 championship's is a team record.
Tb12 is striving for personal records to cement his throne from the mahones, allens and other contenders like johnny manziel. Wasn't too long ago that drew brees was ahead of him in td,s
Old 09-21-2022, 03:57 PM
Platinum member
Default Tb's volcano

Quote:
playing to erase the sting? I believe 7 championships is enough to say he has done well for himself. He has nothing to prove to anyone so there is no sting there. I also believe he will know when to retire without the drama; he loves the game and the competition. The draft is a crap shoot. Examples: Ryan leaf, jamarcus russell, akili smith, brian bosworth, robert griffin iii, johnny manziel, vince young, et.al. Good college players, but the nfl is a different stratosphere.
here you go.
Tom Brady's parents said during an interview that their son was so distraught about falling in the draft, that when he left their home to get some air they followed him.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2022-09-21-16-54-56-63_92460851df6f172a4592fca41cc2d2e6.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	19.1 KB
ID:	95165  
Old 09-21-2022, 04:11 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
Ego? His wife asked him to help raise his children. His Ego told him to play football. I don’t think that he made a good decision. He should never try to outguess his wife when a major request like that has been made. Oh well.

The request from his wife was a fact or just alleged?
Tom Brady's children are some of the most fortunate people on the planet.

Navy brats often see very little of their fathers growing up. Far less than any pro football players kids. And they usually turn out ok.
Old 09-21-2022, 06:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,915 Times in 918 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmintzer View Post
without it, one cannot compete on that level...
fact check: True
Old 09-21-2022, 06:54 PM

lol
Old 09-22-2022, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worldseries27 View Post
7 championship's is a team record.
Tb12 is striving for personal records to cement his throne from the mahones, allens and other contenders like johnny manziel. Wasn't too long ago that drew brees was ahead of him in td,s
His throne is well cemented. If he wants to keep playing, by all means, have at it. God bless him.

Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the votes decide everything.

Joseph Stalin
Old 09-22-2022, 08:41 AM

Nothing is more mentally painful than when a parent is hated by their kids because dad is never there for them. Money and fame never fixes that.
Old 09-22-2022, 09:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,674 Times in 1,508 Posts

Quote:
His throne is well cemented. If he wants to keep playing, by all means, have at it. God bless him.
I think that some people are so tied into "what" they are that they have no idea "who" they are. Tom is a star, like so many before him, and is possibly unable to come to grips with giving that adoration up, even for family. He likely sees himself as Tom Brady Superstar, and is just unwilling or unable to becoming just plain old Tom Brady former somebody.
Old 09-22-2022, 03:09 PM
Default Witnessing the downfall of Tom Brady

Yes that is quite a downfall with a lousy 2-0 record against none other than Dallas and New Orleans, two great teams. We should all have a downfall like that one.
Old 09-22-2022, 06:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ithos View Post
Tom Brady's children are some of the most fortunate people on the planet.

Navy brats often see very little of their fathers growing up. Far less than any pro football players kids. And they usually turn out ok.
I get it. If the subject was about someone in the Military I wouldn't have commented. It was about an excellent Football Player whos wife wants a hand raising their children. In my experience an ask like that is not really an ask. It just do it, with no negotiation. Maybe with that kind of bread process requests from their life partner differently. Who really knows? Wonder how the kids feel that dad picked football over them? Ouch!
Old 09-22-2022, 09:16 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
I get it. If the subject was about someone in the Military I wouldn't have commented. It was about an excellent Football Player whos wife wants a hand raising their children. In my experience an ask like that is not really an ask. It just do it, with no negotiation. Maybe with that kind of bread process requests from their life partner differently. Who really knows? Wonder how the kids feel that dad picked football over them? Ouch!
He may be a great football player, but what kind of person is he when the game is over? For all we know his family is better off while he not at home. And, if the family falls apart, there will be more money for them to divvy up.
I wish him and his family no ill will, but he has made his decision contrary to what his wife asked of him, so now they must deal with the consequences of that decision.
Old 09-23-2022, 06:47 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,051 Times in 732 Posts

It's simply amazing how many folks in The Villages, are privy to the inner workings of Tom Brady's relationship with his wife and family.

He's "worked" from August to January every year for 24 years. He's then had 6 or so months to do whatever multi-millionaires do with their off time. How many Villager fathers had 6 months of the year off to spend with their children & family, from age 22 to 45?

The "Downfall of Tom Brady" ? If you had a team that had a one time opportunity to make the 2023 Super Bowl and you had your choice of QB's, who would be dumb enough not to choose TB?
Old 09-23-2022, 09:21 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,682 Times in 1,534 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdpaq0580 View Post
He may be a great football player, but what kind of person is he when the game is over? For all we know his family is better off while he not at home. And, if the family falls apart, there will be more money for them to divvy up.
I wish him and his family no ill will, but he has made his decision contrary to what his wife asked of him, so now they must deal with the consequences of that decision.
Why should we give two hoots about Tom Brady's family life? He is paid to play FOOTBALL, not because he is vying for Father of the Year.
Old 09-23-2022, 09:51 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdOfFive View Post
Why should we give two hoots about Tom Brady's family life? He is paid to play FOOTBALL, not because he is vying for Father of the Year.
Actually, I agree with you. Just some melodrama surrounding a sports superstar. Just something to talk about over coffee or a beer.
Closed Thread

Tags
tom, great, athletes, brady, sad

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.