4 deaths in a month...while moving to TV

Closed Thread
Old 05-04-2013, 01:53 PM
Sage
Default 4 deaths in a month...while moving to TV

I've tried to get on with moving to TV but throughout this month, several of those beloved to me have passed on. I'm just under it today and feeling down. I've lost a cousin in his 50's to lung cancer, a friend at 68 from brain cancer, an older brother in law to infection, and today, my son's amazing, virile puppy, lost in a road accident. I'm down and sad, and I don't ask for help often, but would appreciate some now.
Kitty
Old 05-04-2013, 01:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Kitty.

First thing I will do is say some prayers and then perhaps we can gather a few of us together to eat lunch?

Hugs and love.

This is the hard part of being older, saying goodbye to people.

I feel.
Old 05-04-2013, 02:10 PM
Sage

Our prayers and thoughts are with you, Kitty.
Old 05-04-2013, 02:13 PM
Location: Recently bought home in Hadley on Hemingway GC - retiring in TV in 2015

I'm so sorry. I'm praying that God will fill you with His grace and peace. I saw a post in "Our Daily Bread" that you may find comforting.....unfortunately this site will not allow me to post it. If you go to Our Daily Bread's web site which is odb DOT org look for "the-best-season-yet" posted on April 26 you will find the post which I found very encouraging... odb.org/2013/04/26/the-best-season-yet
Old 05-04-2013, 02:29 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittygilchrist View Post
I've tried to get on with moving to TV but throughout this month, several of those beloved to me have passed on. I'm just under it today and feeling down. I've lost a cousin in his 50's to lung cancer, a friend at 68 from brain cancer, an older brother in law to infection, and today, my son's amazing, virile puppy, lost in a road accident. I'm down and sad, and I don't ask for help often, but would appreciate some now.
Kitty
Kitty; The Lord is close to the brokenhearted; He rescues those whose spirits are crushed. NLT I am sad to hear of your losses, I will pray for you. I know how hard it is to lose so many in a short time span or for that matter, any time span is very difficult. May God give you His peace. I also remember when I moved to TV in 2005, I had to go back up north for my 15yr old nephew's funeral 2 wks later. Remember this always; God loves you and will keep you close to His heart and will never leave you or forsake you. God Bless You
Old 05-04-2013, 02:31 PM
Platinum member

I actually think part of the appeal of TV is that it encourages us to make the most of our later years - to be positive and learn to enjoy living in ways we might not have done in our more hectic years.

As they say: "None of us is going to get out of here alive", but we can put extra value and appreciation into today. We are finally free to do what we've always wanted to do. If you're not sure what that is, you can go out and find it.

None of us knows how long we will live. Saying goodbye to a loved one means we have another day to live. I've never enjoyed life more, or enjoyed my loved ones more than since being diagnosed with a terminal illness. Nothing is better than getting up to another great day.

I hope you can get past the sting of death and be consoled by the blessings you have.
Take care!!!
Old 05-04-2013, 02:57 PM
Veteran member

Oh, how terribly sad you must be. I am thinking of you. I'm sure many others are too. We all have loses, and they seem so singular, don't they? But the sun has a funny habit of coming up each new day, with new unthought of horizons. All the best to you and yours.
Old 05-04-2013, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijusluvit View Post
I actually think part of the appeal of TV is that it encourages us to make the most of our later years - to be positive and learn to enjoy living in ways we might not have done in our more hectic years.

As they say: "None of us is going to get out of here alive", but we can put extra value and appreciation into today. We are finally free to do what we've always wanted to do. If you're not sure what that is, you can go out and find it.

None of us knows how long we will live. Saying goodbye to a loved one means we have another day to live. I've never enjoyed life more, or enjoyed my loved ones more than since being diagnosed with a terminal illness. Nothing is better than getting up to another great day.

I hope you can get past the sting of death and be consoled by the blessings you have.
Take care!!!
Well said.
Old 05-04-2013, 03:23 PM
Sage

Hugs!!!
Old 05-04-2013, 03:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Hugs and much love to you, Ijusluvit.
Old 05-04-2013, 03:33 PM
Platinum member
Location: Brooklyn, Queens, Nassau County, Evansville IN, Boca Raton, Toledo OH, Pennecamp

My thoughts are with you right now.
Old 05-04-2013, 04:22 PM
Sage

Kitty, sending prayers and hugs to you from Chicago.
Old 05-04-2013, 05:08 PM
Sage

Thanks to all of you for the prayers and wisdom you are sharing. It's a difficult day, and your support means a lot. i'll try to get back to some of you to get together....
Kitty
Old 05-04-2013, 05:17 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittygilchrist View Post
Kitty
That's enough to knock anyone to their knees.

Here's hoping that things start looking up for you.

Old 05-04-2013, 05:19 PM
Bosoxfan

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Last edited by Bosoxfan; 05-05-2013 at 09:20 AM.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.