bereavement group?

Closed Thread
Old 12-24-2008, 09:51 AM
Default bereavement group?

My husband died last week, suddenly.
I am pretending to cope, but I'm not. Is there a support group?
Sharon
Old 12-24-2008, 10:14 AM
Sage

Sharon, Im so so sorry. Please accept my deepest sympathy.

Yes there are grief support groups. One is at the Village View Church just north of The Villages. I know there are others that are listed in in The Thursday Recreation News. Please Pm me if you need to talk. I am a good listener. Good luck!

There is no difficulty on earth that enough love will not conquer.
Old 12-24-2008, 10:20 AM
Dancing Thyme

Oh Sharon, I am so sorry, it must have been a horrible shock.

I'm not aware of any groups but I do know that the people in the villages are some of the most warm and wonderful people I have ever met and I'm sure that there will be a lot of support just from your friends.

Please, if you need anything, I am located in Hadley and would be happy to help you, even if its just a shoulder to cry on. Talking to friends is sometimes more comforting than anything else.

So sorry for your loss! Sincerely, KathieI

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 12-24-2008, 11:19 AM
Platinum member

Sharon, please know you have my deepest sympathy. I am so deeply saddened to hear of your loss. A sudden loss is so very hard on everyone. PM me for a lunch date or another shoulder to cry on. May God help you and comfort you. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
Old 12-24-2008, 11:31 AM
Eternal Member
Send a message via AIM to Donna Send a message via Yahoo to Donna

Sharon,
My deepest sympathy at this time of sorrow..May the beauty of precious memories be your comfort!
God's Blessings,
Donna

"Some People Live An Entire Lifetime and Wonder If They Have Ever Made a Difference In The World,
The Marines Don't Have That Problem" "Semper Fi"

"Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous" Albert Einstein
Old 12-24-2008, 12:24 PM

Sharon, our deepest condolences.....Johnny & Barbara
Old 12-25-2008, 06:43 AM

Sharon, our deepest sympathy to you in dealing with your loss. May good memories make this time somewhat easier.
Old 12-25-2008, 12:30 PM

Thank you to all who have answered. I have friends here who have helped, but they loved my husband so much, that I feel like I can't burden them with my sorrow. I looked in the rec news today, and there are a few grief support groups. He was only 59, we were supposed to grow old together in this wonderful place
Sharon
Old 12-25-2008, 12:59 PM
Sage

Sharon, I feel your sorrow and I can only imagine what you are going thru, especially during this Holiday Season.

I just want to say that I have been thru great sorrow myself as we all have, and I have found the bereavement support groups to be extremely helpful and supportive. Some people are a little apprehensive to go to them but I recommend making the effort. It doesnt ease the pain but to some extent helps to know that others are feeling the same as you and you are not alone in your feelings. I hope you find them as helpful as I have in the past.

There is no difficulty on earth that enough love will not conquer.
Old 12-25-2008, 02:25 PM

Sharon,
I am so sorry for the loss of your husband. I will be down next week, and I would love to hear all about him. My husband died 7 years ago, and I still love telling folks about him. I also planned to grow old with my Jim, but that wasn't to be. Please PM me if you would like to have lunch or just meet to chat.
Blondie
Old 12-25-2008, 02:55 PM
Veteran member
Default sharon.....

As one who has also experienced the sudden, unexpected loss of a loved one, I share your pain. Our memories will live forever and we take comfort in knowing our loved one is now at peace.

(I'm not a TV resident but hope to be - someday.)
Old 12-25-2008, 10:54 PM
Sage
Default let us help you

hello sharon,

as one whose husband died on dec 17 (13 years ago) i understand the shock you are going through and the compounding of all the celebration of Christmas that makes it even harder....i know a widow who was going to start a support group and i will look very hard for her number. meanwhile, please let us help you, as blondie suggested, by meeting soon for a cup of tea (a good cup of tea cures everything, right?) and listening. you can pm any of us and we will set it up....your husband did well to bring you here and you will be among friends.
Old 02-02-2009, 02:20 PM

Hi Sharon,

I am sorry for your loss. I lost my husband in 2001 at the age of 56. A group that was very helpful to me was GriefShare. I am only retiring on March 1 and hope to move to the villages very soon, but during visits I'm pretty sure I've seen the program listed in the church page. I'm sure you could find it and I think benefit from it. It is not a denominational or overly religious program but has wonderful experiential help for coping.

I hope you'll look for it.
God bless you,
Jane
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.