Closing threads??

Closed Thread
Old 07-24-2023, 06:11 PM
Veteran member
Default Closing threads??

WHY in the world are u closing threads for support group questions?? If someone wants to join a group, how are they supposed to ask if it's still active?
Old 07-24-2023, 09:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,517 Times in 3,107 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartnsoul View Post
WHY in the world are u closing threads for support group questions?? If someone wants to join a group, how are they supposed to ask if it's still active?
Pretty sure threads automatically close after a certain period of inactivity.

If you want to find out if a group is still active, the best way is to check with the club. Here's the listing of all "official" clubs listed by the Villages District Government website:

https://www.districtgov.org/images/d...bs-Listing.pdf

Updated late June, it's 12-13 clubs per page, 180 pages long.

Enjoy.
Old 07-25-2023, 05:41 PM
Veteran member
Default Support groups?

Support group threads should never close? I wanted to join a few and they are closed? New villagers moving in all the time will need to converse. I wanted to comment in the bright line eating one, the caregivers Support group ( now that I'm a caregiver) the keto low carb one, and I had great info for the dystonia Support group. ALL ARE CLOSED??
Old 07-25-2023, 06:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartnsoul View Post
Support group threads should never close? I wanted to join a few and they are closed? New villagers moving in all the time will need to converse. I wanted to comment in the bright line eating one, the caregivers Support group ( now that I'm a caregiver) the keto low carb one, and I had great info for the dystonia Support group. ALL ARE CLOSED??
If you search TOTV even closed threads will show up and maybe you could glean some contact information. There really isn’t a difference between a closed thread and one that hasn’t had any posts in years.
Old 07-25-2023, 08:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,517 Times in 3,107 Posts

If a thread is closed, it's because no one posted in it for a long time. The thread was closed due to lack of interest.

You are allowed to create new threads, just as you did in this thread. But you can't force people to post in them. And if no one posts in them for awhile, they will also eventually be closed.

The people who run these groups apparently didn't feel it necessary to keep the threads open by posting in them.

Or possibly, the group itself has ceased to exist, thus no longer needing a thread of its own anymore anyway.

As I said - the best way to communicate with a group or club, is to contact the group or club directly. These are not internet forum groups. They're real actual groups that meet in person.

Lastly, this forum was created before Facebook became popular. As such, you'll find that many of these groups have shifted their on-line discussions to their own Facebook pages and are active there. But - once again - your best way to get information about them - is to contact the group itself.
Old 07-26-2023, 07:27 AM
Veteran member

I really would prefer to hear from whoever is running this site for answers please. As I stated yrs ago I wasn't a caregiver. Now I am. Yrs ago I didn't have a particular medical disease, now I do. I want to reach out to posters and can't and help others and cant!! Please keep SUPPORT GROUPS OPEN!! why would u need to close? Makes no sense at all. If your going to close, you might as well remove because I see Mary's reaching out for help and I now have answers to help her, and can't with closed posts?
Closed Thread

Tags
closing, threads, group, world, join

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.