Reasons to quit smoking

Closed Thread
Old 02-03-2014, 05:34 PM
Sage

Yes, I quit.
It was not by any strength of my own. In church at, Grace Tabernacle I sensed God urging me to surrender the cigarettes. I handed them to a Pastor, and there was no craving after that, I was "done with it"...
thanks for asking.
Kitty
Old 02-03-2014, 06:53 PM
Gold member

Way to go Kitty! I've never smoked but I know it couldn't have been easy to quit. Keep up the good work!
Old 02-03-2014, 06:57 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sable99 View Post
Way to go Kitty! I've never smoked but I know it couldn't have been easy to quit. Keep up the good work!
and God bless you head to toe. I can't wait for you come here full time. What a lovely woman you are...and bless your family too.
Old 02-03-2014, 07:02 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittygilchrist View Post
and God bless you head to toe. I can't wait for you come here full time. What a lovely woman you are...and bless your family too.
I can't wait either! Especially since we have so much snow and ice! And, we are suppose to get a lot more snow on Wednesday and again on Saturday! Will this winter eve end?.
Old 02-03-2014, 07:50 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittygilchrist View Post
Yes, I quit.
It was not by any strength of my own. In church at, Grace Tabernacle I sensed God urging me to surrender the cigarettes. I handed them to a Pastor, and there was no craving after that, I was "done with it"...
thanks for asking.
Kitty
Oh I'm so happy to read this. I don't smoke anymore but do use the electronic e-cigs. I've been using them for two years and just about ready to give it up too.

Give yourself a huge pat on the back for quitting! Stay strong and don't give into temptation to smoke. Its a temporary urge and passes quickly.
Old 02-03-2014, 09:00 PM

I quit in 1992. I was attending a meeting at a friend's house. As soon as I walked in he said "you really should quit smoking. My mother has emphysema, and it is heartbreaking watching her struggle to breathe" to which I replied " how do you know I smoke? You never saw me with a cigarette". And he then told me it was obvious as soon as I walked in his house. I quit the next day. I didn't want to be infringing on other people's space with such an obvious smell.

The addiction caused me to make bad decisions, to not care about other people. There are many things in our lives we do not have control over, and so I decided to take back this part of my life.

I had tried many times before, but this time I succeeded. I hallucinated, I yelled at my family, I screamed at a toll taker, and then apologized telling him I had just quit smoking. Everyone was very supportive and endured until the cravings eventually subsided.

Stay busy, exercise, go to very long meetings and clubs that are fun and you know you can't smoke.

I am so grateful to not be a smoker.

YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!
Old 02-04-2014, 06:02 AM
Platinum member
Location: Brooklyn, Queens, Nassau County, Evansville IN, Boca Raton, Toledo OH, Pennecamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree
i quit in 1988 but i still understand why some can't quit
Me too. It is very hard.

I quit more than 20 years ago, and occasionally I STILL want a cigarette. When I was working as a pharmacist, I had the impression that Chantix was more effective than other smoking cessation methods. To those that want to quit, keep trying .....maybe next time it will stick!
Old 02-11-2014, 12:58 PM
Sage

Setting Captives Free - Online Courses
this is a weblink to resource bible based how to get the emptiness filled once and for all in a way that is to your life, not to your destruction. I'm one of us.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.