support for pancreac cancer

Closed Thread
Old 11-06-2008, 09:45 PM
Default Pancreac cancer

Its been a while since I've posted as we have been very busy with all her procedures. The Mayo Clinic was not able to perform the whipple procedure as the tumor was to close to some blood vessels. So we came back to Fl. Shirley is doing the chemo here in the villages with a Dr. Tumala at southern trace and is getting it in the form of a 24 7 pump that she carries around. The radiation is everyday at the cancer center here in the villages with Dr. Flink who seems very smart and is very good.The problem is she is losing so much weight and that is a concern at the time Thanks for your concern Dave
Old 11-06-2008, 09:57 PM
Sage

Dave,

We will continue to keep your wife in our thoughts and prayers.
Gods strength to you both.

There is no difficulty on earth that enough love will not conquer.
Old 11-06-2008, 11:00 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

Hi Dave,

You and your wife are in my thoughts and prayers. The weight loss you mention -- is there a chance that it could be due to the radiation effect on the enzyme producing capability of the pancreas?

When I first saw this thread, I wrote here about the experience my family member had with weight loss that was caused by the treatments rather than by the cancer itself. Enzymes given by prescription, though not a cure, helped so much to return quality of life. This does not work for everyone. But in the case I was close to, nutrients were not being absorbed from food and weight loss was rapid.

Please do not feel that you must answer my question about this. I just wanted to post here again to let you know that I care very much about what you and yours are going through. I understand. And, just in case, you had not remembered about my old post that is here in the thread, I wanted to remind you, on the outside chance, your wife could be given back some quality of life, as was my dad.

These enzymes are not a health food store item. These are a prescription medicine. My earlier post here from September explains it all. Your dear wife's situation may not be the same as my dad's was, but I did not want to not mention it again -- just in case. It's on the first page of this thread, a little after midnight, on September 11.

Boomer

Last edited by Boomer; 11-06-2008 at 11:02 PM.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.