Till Death Do Us Part by Evelyn Fort Stewart with Esther Luttrell

Closed Thread
Old 04-17-2008, 05:05 PM
Taltarzac
Default Till Death Do Us Part by Evelyn Fort Stewart with Esther Luttrell

Read a book written by an e-mail pal of mine recently called Till Death Do Us Part. This is by Evelyn Fort Stewart a lady born in South Carolina on January 27, 1927. She worked in a cigar factory starting at age 13 and eventually got in a long term relationship with an very abusive husband. She tells her story with no self-pity and has a remarkable memory of every thing she went through.

Think it is a great book for others from her generation who also had to go through an abusive relationship with a husband, father, uncle or whomever.

Google the book title along with the author if this is a book that sounds of interest. Hope this stays up it is more of a review of a book rather than an attempt to get others to buy it. :bigthumbsup:
Old 05-10-2008, 03:53 AM
Default Re: Till Death Do Us Part by Evelyn Fort Stewart with Esther Luttrell

The topic sounds interesting. I too have had a LOT of faith in "Till death do us part." I will Google it and get more info on this. I've been in a very long term relationship with an abusive WOMAN. When we married, she'd never worked, couldn't drive and none of her siblings developed a work ethic either. We endured, had the most beautiful daughter one could imagine. She continued to be a despotic shew, but we seemed to keep at it. I made enough money to educate our daughter and saw her graduate college then proceed to get her Master in Education. Now she can write her own ticket.

In 2002 I survived a massive brain hemorrhage which blinded me too bad to drive again. That cost me a career as a photojournalist. Fast forward to present: I'm on Social Security Disability and getting paid from my company's Long term Disability plan, saving money until I retire in two years then go into my company's retirement plan. My wife became my care giver until 2/08, when she filed for divorce and is now seeking 1/2 of everything, including our house, IRA Rollover plan and even 1/2 half of my disability and company retirement. I don't know exactly why she wants this, but I'll probably find out soon enough, not that it matters one bit.....

She has claimed verbal abuse and God knows what else. Her timing WAS sort of coincidental with the passing of her mother from cancer, with her 86 year old father in bad shape with dementia, leaving her and her two sibling brothers (who haven't worked in several years) to equally split the wealth family's estate. Go figure. It seems sort of apparent she wants that, plus 1/2 of whatever I have.

So, yes, I have been continually asked myself that question about this "Till death do us part " issue and what it has personally meant in my life.

That book might have something of interest to even ME. BTW, FWIW, I'm seriously considering a move to TV soon as I can get some issues behind me. I don't think I'm going to wait for the door to hit me in the rear. I still have God!

Sincerely,
Fotoman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac
Read a book written by an e-mail pal of mine recently called Till Death Do Us Part. This is by Evelyn Fort Stewart a lady born in South Carolina on January 27, 1927. She worked in a cigar factory starting at age 13 and eventually got in a long term relationship with an very abusive husband. She tells her story with no self-pity and has a remarkable memory of every thing she went through.

Think it is a great book for others from her generation who also had to go through an abusive relationship with a husband, father, uncle or whomever.

Google the book title along with the author if this is a book that sounds of interest. Hope this stays up it is more of a review of a book rather than an attempt to get others to buy it. :bigthumbsup:
Old 05-11-2008, 01:57 PM
Taltarzac
Default Re: Till Death Do Us Part by Evelyn Fort Stewart with Esther Luttrell

Evelyn Fort Stewart's book does show that someone can get through that kind of situation and eventually really make a difference in others' lives. Google her.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.