Any WEB Griffin fans?

Closed Thread
Old 10-16-2008, 01:49 PM
Banned
Default Any WEB Griffin fans?

One of my favorite authors. The fun is researching the characters in his books to see who they resemble in fact. Some of them are quite surprising.
Old 10-16-2008, 04:48 PM

I have copies of every book in all the series and have read them several times. The most entertaining book series I have ever come across.
Old 10-17-2008, 08:15 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chacam View Post
I have copies of every book in all the series and have read them several times. The most entertaining book series I have ever come across.
The characters are adaptions from many real folk. Have you been able to identify any?

Here's one - Fleming Pickering: The role of this character parallels Lyndon Johnson's assignments during WWII.
Old 10-17-2008, 02:35 PM

Never thought about it in that respect, or tried to identify any real folks. Did see Al Haigs name a few times and I think many of the subplots are based on factual events so I have learned a lot of history.

Never knew that Lyndon was in the service. Thought he was born a politician ! ! Wikipedia says he was United States Representative from Texas from 1937–1949. Further reading in Wikipedia shows the similarities between him and Flem.

Last edited by chacam; 10-17-2008 at 02:38 PM.
Old 10-18-2008, 01:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chacam View Post
Never thought about it in that respect, or tried to identify any real folks. Did see Al Haigs name a few times and I think many of the subplots are based on factual events so I have learned a lot of history.

Never knew that Lyndon was in the service. Thought he was born a politician ! ! Wikipedia says he was United States Representative from Texas from 1937–1949. Further reading in Wikipedia shows the similarities between him and Flem.
I get a kick out of the latest "Presidential" series. I work at HQ Dept. of Homeland Security (commute between DC and TV - but all that stops in April!) and some of the references to people and locations are a hoot. Whoever WEB Griffin uses as a researchist, they're doing a pretty good job.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.