The Art of Racing in the Rain

Closed Thread
Old 02-15-2009, 07:44 AM
Default The Art of Racing in the Rain

Excellent book, a story seen thru the eyes of golden retriver. Hard to put down.
Old 02-15-2009, 09:38 AM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

I am reading this one right now. I am to the part where Denny takes Enzo for a ride in the race car.

I have to admit that I have been having a little bit of approach/avoidance with this book. It is beautifully written. The point of view of that philosophical dog, Enzo, who watches television in his spare time, is absolutely stunning in places. Oh but it is sad, so sad, in spots. But real, so real.

Quite a few details about racing are in this book. But, of course, the juxtaposition of Denny's love and talent for racing with the realities of just trying to move forward sometimes through life itself is a great way to tell the story. -- and all through the eyes of that wonderful dog.

(Geeeez, Louise,.......why do I have to go and say something like "juxtaposition"? I sound like I am trying to run some kind of book club or something, and next thing you know Mr. Tony will accuse me of being an English major.)

Anyway, Gigi, thanks and now since you mentioned it, I am going to brace myself and finish it.

And I do not know if you have a dog or not, but I have to say that while reading this one, I keep glancing at my old girl, Annie, sleeping at my feet.

Boomer
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.