Book Binding Repair

Closed Thread
Old 12-30-2009, 02:11 PM
Platinum member
Question Book Binding Repair

Is there anywhere to have an OLD book binding repaired?
Old 01-01-2010, 11:49 AM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

Hi F16,

If you have not found your answer yet, I have a suggestion that might help.

Maybe stop by the library and ask the librarian.

If your book just needs a little repair, the librarian might even help you. There are librarians who have a little stash of some amazing rubber bands, that look slingshot-worthy, and some really great glue. If it is a matter of just the book's spine that needs repair, that might be all you need.

But if you want the whole book rebound, the librarian should know if there is an actual book-bindery around anywhere. I realize though that this might be a book that cannot be replaced and so you might not want to send it away to be repaired.

And if you do need an actual bindery and whoever you talk to at the branch library in TV does not know where one is located, ask that your question be passed along because somewhere in a library system, there will be a librarian who does know.

Anyway, I hope you find a way to get your book repaired.

Boomer

Last edited by Boomer; 01-01-2010 at 12:01 PM.
Old 01-01-2010, 08:54 PM
Administrator

Hey, Boomer, I broke the back on my favorite volume of Sherlock Holmes mysteries. The book was not expensive. Do you know if it can be repaired, cheaply, or should I look for a new volume and break its back.
Old 01-02-2010, 10:20 AM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony View Post
Hey, Boomer, I broke the back on my favorite volume of Sherlock Holmes mysteries. The book was not expensive. Do you know if it can be repaired, cheaply, or should I look for a new volume and break its back.
Dear Mr. Tony,

I am including a link here for you. This link will tell you more than you ever wanted to know about book repair. And if you click around on that page, you may find an audio version of how to do the repair. If you ever find yourself having a bout with insomnia, these directions may help.

http://www.wikihow.com/Repair-a-Book%27s-Binding

But instead, you could stop by the library and be nice to a librarian who might look kindly upon your plight and help you. But please be aware that libraries are often frequented by English majors.

In fact, there are people who have degrees in library stuff who might also have degrees in English. Knowing that you have some complicated issues where English majors are concerned, I thought I had better warn you.

You see, Mr. Tony, there are librarians who can suddenly transform themselves into English majors, upon hearing certain words or phrases. Phrases like, "How many movies can I check out?" or "Where do you keep the Cliff's Notes?" That is just a warning, Mr. Tony. Nothing more.

Also, I must digress a little here to share an idea with you....There is a thread running now that is titled "Blood Pressure." There is helpful information in that thread. But, for now, the thread is in the "New Members Forum." And I was just thinking about that...don't know why....but I was just thinking that the thread should be re-shelved -- er... moved -- to the "Medical and Health" forum where patrons, er... members, might look for information on "Blood Pressure" in the future, after the thread is no longer on the current list.

That was just a thought, Mr. Tony. Don't know why. But I was wondering if you could put the thread called "Blood Pressure" under Dewey Decimal Number 616.132, for future reference. People will find it there when they want info on blood pressure. Oh, and would you mind dusting that section of shelves while you are over there? Thanks.

Anyway, good luck with your book repair project for your Sherlock Holmes book. And if things don't work out, I hear the new Sherlock Holmes movie is really good.

Boomer

Last edited by Boomer; 01-02-2010 at 11:27 AM. Reason: proofreading
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.