Book Exchange???

Closed Thread
Old 03-18-2008, 05:41 PM
Sage
Default Book Exchange???

Does anyone know where the book exchange place is. I saw it in the paper and can't find it. It's somewhere you can buy books or exchange used books. :dontknow:
Old 03-18-2008, 05:43 PM
Taltarzac
Default Re: Book Exchange???

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelsea24
Does anyone know where the book exchange place is. I saw it in the paper and can't find it. It's somewhere you can buy books or exchange used books. :dontknow:
They have a web-site-- http://www.allbookedup.net/webic3/about_us.asp
Old 03-18-2008, 05:54 PM
Sage

Thanks so much Tal. That's exactly what we were looking for. Thank you again.
Old 03-18-2008, 06:03 PM
Taltarzac

Quote:
Thanks so much Tal. That's exactly what we were looking for. Thank you again.
You are welcome. I have been to All Booked Up a few times. I have not been there yet but the private library for the Villages-- the Mark Twain Library-- seems to have books that you can check out for 6 months or so. It is in the Paradise Recreation Center.

The choices might be kind of limited though??
Old 03-18-2008, 06:06 PM
Eternal Member

There's another used book store that I like much better further south on 441. It's across from Water Oaks, not really on 27/441 but you can see it from the hiway. It's one the west side of the street in the valley before the hill to 466. I found it has a much better selection --- and I cannot remember the damned name :realmad:
And it's Munc"L"e, not Munc"I"e
Old 03-18-2008, 06:11 PM
Taltarzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muncle
There's another used book store that I like much better further south on 441. It's across from Water Oaks, not really on 27/441 but you can see it from the hiway. It's one the west side of the street in the valley before the hill to 466. I found it has a much better selection --- and I cannot remember the damned name :realmad:
Is this it?

Raintree Books
352-751-5444 312 County Road 25, Lady Lake, FL 32159

Old 03-18-2008, 06:43 PM
Gold member

Hi Chelsea,

We give our read books to the library and then buy gently used ones. I heard that the Mark Twain library is a good place to donate books and the library near Belvedere Gate is a good place to buy books.

We have bought books at the library near Belvedere and then donated them to either one of the libraries.

I do try to use the library services though.

See ya,

HB
Old 03-18-2008, 08:26 PM

I belong to the Largo book club, and we talked at the last meeting about setting up a book swap at the Bacall recreation center. There would be a book shelf located there in one of the rooms, and you could bring a book in, and take one that was there. I don't know how that is coming along, but we meet again next week and I can let you know.
Old 03-18-2008, 09:16 PM
Sage

Thanks all for your help. We went to All Booked UP and really liked it. I'll try the others also. And Uncle Muncle, my dear, your directions were as clear as mud! :joke:
But thank you for trying, you're a sweetie! (Or were you just trying to get me so lost that I couldn't vote in Nov??? ??? lol :-*
Old 03-18-2008, 09:23 PM
Dancing Thyme

Chels,

Maybe Uncle Muncle is having too much of his cream cheese and jalapeno relish recipe.

That'll do it every time.... It effects the memory first, I heard!!!

Kath

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 03-18-2008, 09:38 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
And Uncle Muncle, my dear, your directions were as clear as mud! :joke:
But thank you for trying, you're a sweetie! (Or were you just trying to get me so lost that I couldn't vote in Nov??? ??? lol :-*
A man in a hot air balloon realized he was lost. He reduced the altitude and spotted a woman below. He descended a bit more and shouted, "Excuse me, can you help me? I promised a friend I would meet him an hour ago, but I don't know where I am."

The woman replied, "You are in a hot air balloon approximately 30 feet above the ground. You are between 40 and 41 degrees north latitude and between 59 and 60 degrees west longitude."

"You must be a republican," said the balloonist.

"I am," said the woman. "How did you know?"

"Well", answered the balloonist, "everything you told me is technically correct, but I have no idea what to make of your information, and the fact is I am still lost. Frankly, you've not been much help so far."

The woman below responded. "You must be a democrat."

"I am" replied the balloonist, but how did you know?"

"Well," said the woman, "You don't know where you are or where you are going. You have risen to where you are due to a large quantity of hot air. You made a promise which you have no idea how to keep, and you expect me to solve your problem. The fact is you are in exactly the same position you were in before we met, but now, somehow, it's my fault."
And it's Munc"L"e, not Munc"I"e
Old 03-19-2008, 03:40 AM
Gold member

Great joke Muncle!
The Villages Florida
Old 03-19-2008, 01:49 PM
Taltarzac

Quote:
A man in a hot air balloon realized he was lost. He reduced the altitude and spotted a woman below. He descended a bit more and shouted, "Excuse me, can you help me? I promised a friend I would meet him an hour ago, but I don't know where I am."

The woman replied, "You are in a hot air balloon approximately 30 feet above the ground. You are between 40 and 41 degrees north latitude and between 59 and 60 degrees west longitude."

"You must be a republican," said the balloonist.

"I am," said the woman. "How did you know?"

"Well", answered the balloonist, "everything you told me is technically correct, but I have no idea what to make of your information, and the fact is I am still lost. Frankly, you've not been much help so far."

The woman below responded. "You must be a democrat."

"I am" replied the balloonist, but how did you know?"

"Well," said the woman, "You don't know where you are or where you are going. You have risen to where you are due to a large quantity of hot air. You made a promise which you have no idea how to keep, and you expect me to solve your problem. The fact is you are in exactly the same position you were in before we met, but now, somehow, it's my fault."
Is that a very serious looking Archie Bunker http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carroll_O'Connor in your avatar, Muncle???

Your directions to the book store in the valley looked kind of Democrat in form? :joke:
Old 03-19-2008, 04:13 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
I knew exactly where Muncle meant - even without the name -which I also could not remember until Tal mentioned it. Once you understand North, South, East and West highway wise, the instructions are very clear.

I did not know it was a resale place but now that I do, I will give it a try.

Thanks for the info Muncle.

Z

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 03-19-2008, 05:20 PM
Taltarzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcaveman
I knew exactly where Muncle meant - even without the name -which I also could not remember until Tal mentioned it. Once you understand North, South, East and West highway wise, the instructions are very clear.

I did not know it was a resale place but now that I do, I will give it a try.

Thanks for the info Muncle.

Z
I go by that way past Rainbow Books often when I am travelling to the Lady Lake Public Library which also has a used book room with quite a bit more selection than the Villages Public Library on Belvedere as far as used books are concerned.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.