The Bourne Deception

Closed Thread
Old 10-15-2009, 10:59 AM
Eternal Member
Default The Bourne Deception

I decided to read The Bourne Deception by Eric Van Lustbader. I am up to Chapter 6 and there are so many references to past activities that I am a little confused.

So I decided to see what the prior books were.

It seems that Robert Ludlum is the original creator of The Bourne novels. This one is labeled Robert Ludlum's The Bourne Deception by Eric Van Lustbader. I looked at the list of books and see that Lustbader has written three other Bourne novels.

My question is - if I go back and read only the three Bourne books written by Eric Van Lustbader will I have the complete story as he has written it along with these refer-backs? Or do I need to go back and read all of the Robert Ludlum books about Jason Bourne also.

Z

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 10-15-2009, 12:01 PM
Taltarzac
Default You can usually catch up with the Ludlum books on Bourne just by reading the last one

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcaveman View Post
I decided to read The Bourne Deception by Eric Van Lustbader. I am up to Chapter 6 and there are so many references to past activities that I am a little confused.

So I decided to see what the prior books were.

It seems that Robert Ludlum is the original creator of The Bourne novels. This one is labeled Robert Ludlum's The Bourne Deception by Eric Van Lustbader. I looked at the list of books and see that Lustbader has written three other Bourne novels.

My question is - if I go back and read only the three Bourne books written by Eric Van Lustbader will I have the complete story as he has written it along with these refer-backs? Or do I need to go back and read all of the Robert Ludlum books about Jason Bourne also.

Z
I had the same problem with the Eric Van Lustbader books about Jason Bourne. It seemed to me that the Ludlum books about Jason Bourne fill you in on what has occured in previous books from the series. The Lustbader books though kind of require you to go back to the first one and read it so that you can follow along.
Old 10-28-2009, 12:00 PM
Eternal Member

Thanks. I decided to read the first three Lustbader books and see if that takes care of my curiosity. If not, I will read the three Ludlum books.

Old 06-07-2010, 10:00 AM
Question

did u read the other Bourne noves ???? he has a new one out also
Old 06-07-2010, 10:51 AM
Eternal Member

After The Bourne Deception, I read the other three Bourne novels by Eric Van Lustbader in order and then I read the three Bourne novels by Robert Ludlum in order. I bought the Ludlum books off of the internet and I bought the three Matt Damon DVDs. As usual the DVDs are nothing like the books. Not even close!!

I am aware that there is a new Bourne novel out called The Bourne Objective by Eric Van Lustbader. It is on my list.

Thanks for letting me know though.

Z

Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.