Finding inexpensive hard cover books for my shelves in TV

Closed Thread
Old 07-13-2008, 01:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default Finding inexpensive hard cover books for my shelves in TV

I don't want to take books to TV that we have already read. I want to have lots of good things to read for us and our guests and I would like hardcovers, and would like to get them cheaply. Does the local library have a used book sale?

I try to stay out of Barnes and Noble as much as I can. I am afraid of bankrupting the family.

NO!! This is GracieGirl. (The cheapest person you have never met.) CHEAPER than half priced books. Book exchange won't work. I don't have any down there.
Old 07-13-2008, 01:23 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Send a message via Yahoo to renielarson
Default Re: Finding inexpensive hard cover books for my shelves in TV

This is where I go to buy used books. It's right here in The Villages off 27/441.

Here is their website. Once there, click on "Home" to register and search their database. Have fun!

http://www.allbookedup.net/webic3/about_us.asp
Old 07-13-2008, 01:56 PM
Sage

Gracie, Try yard sales and Markets of Marion.
Old 07-13-2008, 05:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. I am like a junky without her fix without something new to read all of the time.

Terrific help!

Many hugs and catch these kisses!
Old 07-13-2008, 06:14 PM
Gold member

The Sumter County Library on Parr Dr in TV has a book exchange room, hard and soft cover books, CD's DVD...very cheap and usually in terrific condition. Check it out Gracie...I know you are gonna love it. :bigthumbsup:
Old 07-14-2008, 12:52 AM
Eternal Member

Lady Lake Library on Guava has a room full of books for sale - very cheap and in good condition. Cheaper than Markets of Marion for hardbacks.

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 07-14-2008, 02:39 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

Hi gg,

I know what you are saying about the bookstore habit. I said on here somewhere that a bookstore is my crackhouse.

While this may not be of much help to you because I realize that you do not want to schlep books down I-75, I thought I would pass it along anyway. Just in case.

Yesterday, I had to make a second trip to IKEA. That's another story. Anyway, IKEA is relatively close to a Barnes and Noble. So, of course, I had to pay B&N a visit. I had not been to B&N for awhile, and maybe I had just forgotten about this, but I had such a nice surprise at the selection of all the hardcovers for around 5 bucks. It was a big selection. I bought one by Maureen Dowd and another by Curtis Sittenfeld.

I had never heard of Curtis Sittenfeld until last week. She (yes it is a she) was all over msn.com for her new book coming out in September. The September pub is called "American Wife." And when that one comes out, I am going to run to the bookstore and slap my retirement money down and run home and read it cover to cover.

And as soon as I finish "American Wife" on September 2, I think it is, I will run into the kitchen and flip on this computer, and I will write a review, right here on "Talk of the Books."

And I already know what I am going to call the thread. I am going to call it "Steamy Republican Sex." Yes, I am. That is what is being said about it in the pre-pub stuff.

And when the title appears, some TOTVers might feel grouchy because they will think such a title belongs in the "Political" forum not the book forum. And some will think that such a title belongs in the "Joke" forum. And some will think that Boomer is just trying to be oxymoronic. But many will know better.

Well, anyway. I digress. And my day awaits and I have to leave this kitchen. But I did want to mention those B&N deals on hardback bestsellers from awhile back. I don't know if all B&N's do that. But I would assume so.

But back to that future thread title, "Steamy Republican Sex." I know it will make ya look.

See you in September with that review. Maybe somebody will beat me to it and write it first. That would be great. But I just hope they use that title for the thread.

Boomer
Old 07-14-2008, 03:44 PM
Send a message via AIM to smalldog

The Villages Florida
Small dog Sez have you tried Alabris ..... go to DogPile or Google and search alabris : :bigthumbsup:
Old 07-15-2008, 01:14 AM
Eternal Member

I have also found that WonderBooks (www.wonderbk.com) has many hard to get books and the books are in amost new condition.

And the prices are not that bad for hard to find books.

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.