The Glass Castle

Closed Thread
Old 01-26-2010, 07:19 PM
Default The Glass Castle

and Half Broke Horses - based on real life by Jeannette Walls! It's unbelievable that this woman survived. I couldn't put it down. You should read Glass Castle first. I highly recommend both.
Old 01-26-2010, 09:42 PM
Default The Glass Castle

I finished the Glass Castle a short time ago. So very sad to see how the author grew up. Quite amazing to think she grew up the same time I did. I just can't imagine all that she went through. The fact that she is a normal human being today is quite remarkable. Her parents were certainly "different" folks, but in spite of it all, the kids received quite an education. I finished the book with a very sad feeling, though. It was going to be my selection to moderate for our book club, but I just didn't want to have to read the book again. (My turn is in August, and I would need to read it again to remember all the things I wanted to discuss.) I think I'll stick with a little happier theme in the future, but I would still recommend the book.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.