My sister is now a published author

Closed Thread
Old 08-06-2015, 09:07 PM
Veteran member
Default My sister is now a published author

Her name is Norma A. Wyman, and her book is "Felony" published by Page Publishing. It's available at both Barnes & Noble and Amazon. And she will turn 80 next year! She has a youthful spirit and a ton of energy. Our family is very proud of her, as you can imagine.
Old 08-06-2015, 10:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,320 Times in 2,057 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandsdavis View Post
Her name is Norma A. Wyman, and her book is "Felony" published by Page Publishing. It's available at both Barnes & Noble and Amazon. And she will turn 80 next year! She has a youthful spirit and a ton of energy. Our family is very proud of her, as you can imagine.
Felony: Norma A Wyman: 9781682131237: Amazon.com: Books

Here is the book.
Old 08-06-2015, 11:10 PM

Sounds like an interesting book, but it's overpriced. Regular paperbacks don't go for $18.95.
Old 08-07-2015, 07:21 AM
Veteran member

Congratulations to your sister! What an accomplishment, writing a book. I can't even find time to read one these days. I am very impressed.

Wanda
Village of Collier

Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before. ~Mae West

Old 08-07-2015, 07:26 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhelleks View Post
Sounds like an interesting book, but it's overpriced. Regular paperbacks don't go for $18.95.
Unfortunately, it costs a lot to have a small print run, and first-time authors don't normally want to commit to a large print run in case they get left with hundreds of copies to store. That is why a lot of new books are only available in electronic format.
Old 08-07-2015, 07:29 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandsdavis View Post
That's awesome. What an accomplishment!
Old 08-07-2015, 07:30 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic Fox View Post
Unfortunately, it costs a lot to have a small print run, and first-time authors don't normally want to commit to a large print run in case they get left with hundreds of copies to store. That is why a lot of new books are only available in electronic format.
Yes, definitely needs to be on Kindle to get the price down and quite a few people haven given up paperbacks for the electronic readers. That would lower the price for sure.
Old 08-07-2015, 12:23 PM
Veteran member

She has been told it will be available on Kindle, but doesn't have a date yet. I'll repost when it is.
Old 08-07-2015, 01:10 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnieman View Post
Yes, definitely needs to be on Kindle to get the price down and quite a few people haven given up paperbacks for the electronic readers. That would lower the price for sure.
I prefer to have a printed book in my hand, rather than use an e-reader, but sometimes logic must prevail. The printed version of my first book cost $32, so my subsequent ones were purely digital (pdf, Epub and Mobi) where they could retail for $1.99. Of course, they still didn't sell many copies!
Old 08-07-2015, 11:02 PM

If you use CreatesSpace, a subsidiary of Amazon, to publish, you get on-demand printing at Amazon for $9.95. You have no upfront costs. And you can upload your book in Kindle format. Amazon takes a percentage of your sales. It's an excellent deal for those who don't expect to sell thousands of copies.
Old 08-08-2015, 07:33 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhelleks View Post
If you use CreatesSpace, a subsidiary of Amazon, to publish, you get on-demand printing at Amazon for $9.95. You have no upfront costs. And you can upload your book in Kindle format. Amazon takes a percentage of your sales. It's an excellent deal for those who don't expect to sell thousands of copies.
CreateSpace is a great way to go for most books - text only - but gets expensive if you want to include color photographs.

I use BookTango but, as I mentioned, that is just for e-books.
Closed Thread

Tags
published, youthful, ton, spirit, year, turn, family, imagine, proud, energy, barnes, wyman, book, felony, norma, sister, author, page, noble, publishing, amazon

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.