In honor of Donna, here is a book recommendation.

Closed Thread
Old 03-17-2012, 01:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,319 Times in 2,056 Posts
Default In honor of Donna, here is a book recommendation.

I hope Donna gets better from her fight with lung cancer.

In her honor, I remember her interest in ghosts and read an extremely interesting book about ghosts and giants in US science.

This book was about William James and his various colleagues and their investigations into proving that the afterlife exists.

The book is called Ghost Hunters: William James and the Search for Scientific Proof of Life After Death. It is by Deborah Blum. Ms. Blum is a very good writer and makes a difficult subject easier to understand.

It is a little heavy reading though.

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/28827.Ghost_Hunters
Old 03-17-2012, 05:00 PM
Dancing Thyme

Thanks, Tal, I'm sure she would love to read the book. She was always interested in the spirits, ghosts, Julia, and the afterlife... she actually had a paranormal web site but even as one of her best g'friends, I couldn't get excited about it. That was the only difference we had in our conversations...

I'll be sure to tell her about the book if I talk to her soon. Thanks for the thought.

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 03-17-2012, 06:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,319 Times in 2,056 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathieI View Post
Thanks, Tal, I'm sure she would love to read the book. She was always interested in the spirits, ghosts, Julia, and the afterlife... she actually had a paranormal web site but even as one of her best g'friends, I couldn't get excited about it. That was the only difference we had in our conversations...

I'll be sure to tell her about the book if I talk to her soon. Thanks for the thought.
You are welcome for the book recommendation. After reading this book, I came to believe that ghosts could be out there. Much harder to find though than the typical paranormal practioner would have you believe.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.