Home to Big Stone Gap, Very Good

Closed Thread
Old 02-24-2009, 01:19 PM
Default Home to Big Stone Gap, Very Good

By Adriana Trigiani

I totally reccomend this novel. She writes soo well a bout people and relationships. No action to speak of but couldn't wait to get b ack to it. There are several in the series and would best be read in order but they are wonderful.
Old 02-24-2009, 01:28 PM
Veteran member

Didn't know she had another book-- thanks for the post. I have read all of the others and enjoyed them. I grew up just across Black Mountain from Big Stone Gap, Virginia--in the Harlan County Kentucky town of Lynch.
Old 02-24-2009, 03:14 PM

I have read all of her books (this series and others she has written) and have enjoyed each and every one. She almost brings the characters to life. She writes about situations and relationships that most people can either identify with or at least view as feasible in the real world.
Old 02-24-2009, 07:44 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by colleenj View Post
I have read all of her books (this series and others she has written) and have enjoyed each and every one. She almost brings the characters to life. She writes about situations and relationships that most people can either identify with or at least view as feasible in the real world.
Colleen--I know this has nothing to do with the books we are discussing but my mother's name was Colleen--(not a usual name). She also grew up across Black Mountain from Big Stone Gap Virginia. I just think sometimes the strangest things happen--that you would post about these books after I did. She passed away in 2001 and I still miss her so very much. Thanks.
Old 02-25-2009, 01:17 PM

I'm still goig back to reread passages and just plain savor the novel. In about a week or 10 days I will be happy to pass it on. Herb
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.