Kindle

Closed Thread
Old 04-09-2023, 07:10 AM
Veteran member

I wouldn’t recommend the iPad mini because it is too small. Check out the normal size iPads up to the large 12.9 iPad Pro. You can get a cover for the iPad that allows you to hold the back of the iPad with the palm of your hand and it swivels, less strain because your not using your fingers to hold it.
The iPad also allows you to read in normal light mode and in dark mode depending on what’s easier for you to read in.
I have over 45 years running Apple products and 44 years in IT, if you have any questions about the iPad, how to set it up, back it up, update it, send me a private email, I don’t charge for this advice
Old 04-09-2023, 07:32 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,068 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsmurano View Post
I wouldn’t recommend the iPad mini because it is too small. Check out the normal size iPads up to the large 12.9 iPad Pro. You can get a cover for the iPad that allows you to hold the back of the iPad with the palm of your hand and it swivels, less strain because your not using your fingers to hold it.
The iPad also allows you to read in normal light mode and in dark mode depending on what’s easier for you to read in.
I have over 45 years running Apple products and 44 years in IT, if you have any questions about the iPad, how to set it up, back it up, update it, send me a private email, I don’t charge for this advice
And I wouldn't recommend the iPad because it is too large and too expensive.

Look at the options and the features and find what works for you. The e-ink of the Kindle Paperwhite is excellent for reading outdoors and the device is inexpensive and easy to hold. The heavy-duty processor, large screen, and large processor of the iPad are great if you are doing much more than reading but they come with a heavy weight and a heavy price tag.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 04-09-2023, 07:53 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
Sumter County residents can get a Lake County library card, but there is $40 per year fee. Although, Lake County residents can get a Sumter County card for free. Go figure. Apparently, Sumter County is too cheap to use the Libby Overdrive app which is way better than the AXIS 360 app that they currently require.
when you pay your 40 fee you also have access to the Marion county library
Old 04-09-2023, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
Lake County residents can get a free Sumter County card. So, why can't Sumter County residents get a free Lake County card?
Don’t know how those “reciprocal agreements” work but I sure would like to know the answer to this question.
Old 04-09-2023, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsmurano View Post
I respectfully disagree that the mini is too small. It’s actually just right for most people. You can make the text larger on a mini but you can’t make the physical size of a large iPad smaller! To each their own though.
Old 04-09-2023, 11:30 AM
Default Kindle Paperwhite

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvNH View Post
Thank you for your immediate reply. Thankfully I do not yet need to get to three words on a line, so lI am sure I can adjust to my needs.

Can I have another question??? Where do people get their reading materials. Books, newspapers, podcasts etc. What would be the best source of infiormation.
Kindle paper white can be read indoors and outdoors. Books, magazines can be borrowed and downloaded from local libraries. You can also purchase books from Amazon.
Old 04-09-2023, 08:51 PM

I suggest to search for free kindle books on Amazon. The available books change frequently.
Closed Thread

Tags
kindle, text, enlarge, thinking, tdo

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.