Land of Painted Caves

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Old 04-28-2011, 06:11 PM
Gold member
Default Land of Painted Caves

I waited so anxiously for this book to arrive! I ADORE Jean Auel and have read and reread all of the Earth's Children books so many times. I am so sad to report that this, her final installment in the series, is terrible. I could barely get through it. I kept thinking something is going to happen of interest soon. I mean this is an 800 page book. Finally around page 600 a mildly interesting side incident occurs. But in all, this is not only the worse of this wonderful series, it is one of worse books I have EVER read, and I read alot. As I told my girlfriend who recommends books to be and vice versa, DON'T buy it in hardcover. Wait until you can get it in a yard sale in paperback. If Ms. Auel's intent was to leave us not missing Ayla, she was successful.
Old 04-28-2011, 08:13 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladydoc View Post
I waited so anxiously for this book to arrive! I ADORE Jean Auel and have read and reread all of the Earth's Children books so many times. I am so sad to report that this, her final installment in the series, is terrible. I could barely get through it. I kept thinking something is going to happen of interest soon. I mean this is an 800 page book. Finally around page 600 a mildly interesting side incident occurs. But in all, this is not only the worse of this wonderful series, it is one of worse books I have EVER read, and I read alot. As I told my girlfriend who recommends books to be and vice versa, DON'T buy it in hardcover. Wait until you can get it in a yard sale in paperback. If Ms. Auel's intent was to leave us not missing Ayla, she was successful.
Oh Darn! I was looking forward to it as well. But I've seen other reviews, and they all say it is pretty boring. Guess I won't be getting this one for my e-reader. Thanks for the book report!
Old 04-29-2011, 04:12 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,790 Times in 1,015 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taj44 View Post
Oh Darn! I was looking forward to it as well. But I've seen other reviews, and they all say it is pretty boring. Guess I won't be getting this one for my e-reader. Thanks for the book report!
I agree Taj.

I am a voracious reader but generally not a book keeper. I have Jean Auel's previous three on my shelves and kept them because they are so special and memorable.

Sad to hear this one is not.
Old 04-29-2011, 05:08 AM
Veteran member
Send a message via MSN to Bryan

Darn - I loved the earlier books. I had this one "reserved" at the Sumter County Library and was just waiting for a call to come pick it up. Guess I will cancel my reservation - 800 pages of boredom is not my idea of reading pleasure. Too many good books, too little time to read them all.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.