My Beloved World - memoir by Sonia Sotomayor

Closed Thread
Old 06-19-2013, 09:37 PM
Sage
Default My Beloved World - memoir by Sonia Sotomayor

I am about 1/2 way through My Beloved World, the memoir written by Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor. An excellent read written by a woman who pulled herself up by her bootstraps to become the first Hispanic Supreme Court Justice.
Old 06-20-2013, 12:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schaumburger View Post
I am about 1/2 way through My Beloved World, the memoir written by Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor. An excellent read written by a woman who pulled herself up by her bootstraps to become the first Hispanic Supreme Court Justice.
Only in America! What a truly great country this is and so many of us forget it and just find reasons to constantly complain. I know that nothing is perfect and many things need to be put right, but in what other country could a woman rise from the bottom to the top in a lifetime? I suppose it could be achieved in a couple of the European countries, but here it is almost the norm. When I was starting my career path I was given the option of being a nurse, a teacher or a secretary - for my granddaughters nothing is beyond their reach!

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 06-20-2013, 01:08 PM
Smile Her Honor . .

I, too, have read the book and thoroughly enjoyed the book. Justice Sotomeyer is an amazing woman who has worked hard all her life coming from the poorest of the poor to rise to the top of her field. She used her intelligence and didn't sleep her way to the top. She is an inspiration to women of America both young and chronologically gifted! Madelyn Albright's book is equally as interesting. However, I was disappointed in Sandar Day O'Connor's last book. Keep reading, it's a wonderful escape and keeps your brain from rusting!!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.