My latest books

Closed Thread
Old 08-27-2009, 07:40 PM
Default My latest books

A short while ago I read two book reviews and decided on a whim to get the books. Loved them! They are: "The Help", and "That Old Cape Magic".

Another older book is "One Thousand White Women"
All three are excellent, and very different in style.
Old 08-28-2009, 08:01 AM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura View Post
A short while ago I read two book reviews and decided on a whim to get the books. Loved them! They are: "The Help"and "That Old Cape Magic".

Another older book is "One Thousand White Women"
All three are excellent, and very different in style.
Laura,

I am reading "The Help" right now. (Actually, I should have it finished by now. -- can't believe that I don't. I find that when I do get back to it, I cannot put it down until I absolutely have to.)

"The Help" is the first novel for Kathryn Stockett. Wow. She is masterful at weaving those women's stories in and out of each other's lives. Mississippi. 1962. Women trapped in time. -- and not all that long ago......

I like books that have different characters' stories being told separately, in depth, and where their stories come together sometimes. In and out of each other's lives. I also really like fiction combined with history.

The author is so wonderfully deft at getting that hook in there right at the end of a chapter when the reader had planned to put the book down and get on to some demand of real life.

I will finish "The Help" soon.

Boomer
Old 08-28-2009, 11:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default uh oh. Not again.

O.K.

I am trying to be thrifty but the last time you talked like this, I ran right out and bought The Tale of Edgar Sawtail.

I am going to stop reading your posts Boom.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.