Non fiction readers

Closed Thread
Old 12-25-2013, 01:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts
Default Non fiction readers

To anyone who enjoys varied non fiction, I recommend first of all a book I completed recently...

"THE EVERYTHING STORE: JEFF BEZOS AND THE AGE OF AMAZON" by Brad Stone.

History of Bezos and the roots of Amazon. You will be surprised and amazed at the innovation and great business sense of he and his fellow pioneers in internet marketing, especially the logistics.

I am now involved with

"THE BULLY PULPIT: THEODORE ROOSEVELT, WILLIAM HOWARD TAFT, AND THE GOLDEN AGE OF JOURNALISM" by Doris Kearns Goodwin.

I try to read everything this presidential historian writes, an am about half way through this book. Intimate portraits of both men, and the politics of their era.
Old 12-25-2013, 04:59 PM

Sounds like great books. Men like Bezos and Jobs and all the Internet pioneers created something we take for granted. I for one love Amazon.
Old 12-25-2013, 09:50 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by OurHappyHome View Post
Sounds like great books. Men like Bezos and Jobs and all the Internet pioneers created something we take for granted. I for one love Amazon.
You would love the book....Bezos is committed to customer service.

Also, read the Steve Jobs bio....both of these are great in that the authors spen lots of time with the men, and you really get the sense you know them
Old 12-25-2013, 10:10 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Love Doris Kearns Goodwin! Don't read her - but see her when she is on talk tv. Would enjoy having cocktails and dinner with her - such a fountain of knowledge!

Old 12-26-2013, 07:35 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbchbum View Post
Love Doris Kearns Goodwin! Don't read her - but see her when she is on talk tv. Would enjoy having cocktails and dinner with her - such a fountain of knowledge!
In "Bully Pulpit" she writes about TWO presidents in detail, the press, the issues, and does so in a very readable way. Really worth a look.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.