That Old Cape Magic

Closed Thread
Old 02-04-2010, 06:08 PM
Veteran member
Default That Old Cape Magic

We have this great author lecture series in Syracuse and Richard Russo is coming in March. I just got his new book -- That Old Cape Magic -- from the library. I'll start it tonight (if I don't fall asleep.) Has anyone read this or anything else by him?

Also: Wheeling, WV * Youngstown, OH* Niles, OH * Oshkosh, WI * Ft. Worth, TX * Da Bronx * Marathon, NY * Bricktown, NJ * Newark, DE * San Antonio, TX * Washington, DC * Tacoma, WA
Old 02-04-2010, 08:46 PM
Sage

Hi Linda,
My dad's an amateur magician. He performs at hospitals and other benefits. He'd probably love it. I'm anxious to hear what others who have read it thought. This might be a good idea for a gift for him! Thanks.
Old 02-04-2010, 08:49 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pturner View Post
Hi Linda,
My dad's an amateur magician. He performs at hospitals and other benefits. He'd probably love it. I'm anxious to hear what others who have read it thought. This might be a good idea for a gift for him! Thanks.
Oops! Cape refers to Cape Cod and I assume the magic is the feeling people get going there. I'll let you know. I'm not familiar with Russo so I can't say for sure, but don't buy it for your father yet!

Also: Wheeling, WV * Youngstown, OH* Niles, OH * Oshkosh, WI * Ft. Worth, TX * Da Bronx * Marathon, NY * Bricktown, NJ * Newark, DE * San Antonio, TX * Washington, DC * Tacoma, WA
Old 02-05-2010, 06:34 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by another Linda View Post
Oops! Cape refers to Cape Cod and I assume the magic is the feeling people get going there. I'll let you know. I'm not familiar with Russo so I can't say for sure, but don't buy it for your father yet!
Old 02-05-2010, 08:28 PM
Default That Old Cape Magic

I read the book a couple months ago, and it was ok. I was a little disappointed after reading some good reviews. But, you gotta love this life! It would be a very boring world if we all agreed on everything! I truly hope you enjoy it!

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.