The Price of Kindle/Nook Books

Closed Thread
Old 11-21-2011, 06:55 AM
Veteran member
Default The Price of Kindle/Nook Books

I was just looking at Sue Grafton's "V is for Vengeance" and noticed that the price of the ebook, either Kindle or Nook, is $14.99.. That is about the same price they're offering the hardcover for. I guess that now many people have readers, they're going to up the price of the ebooks. About a year or two ago, they were running $9.99, and they've been steadily increasing.
Old 11-21-2011, 07:13 AM
Sage

I, too, am disappointed that ebook prices for new releases are just about the same as on sale hardcover books. I've had my nook for a little less than a year... I had been expecting to pay $9.99 for new releases but prices keep going up and you basically get one read out of an ebook whereas you can loan or borrow hardcovers.

Thankfully, I subscribe to the not so Free Library of Philadelphia and have managed to grab a few new release ebooks there as well as many other authors I enjoy reading.

I would have thought the savings in printing, transporting, stocking, and selling "real" books would have resulted in more than a dollar or two discount.

All in all, I do enjoy my ereader.
Old 11-21-2011, 07:59 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Well, that is disappointing.

We should all pitch in for V is for Vengeance.

Sue Grafton is one of my favs.

I suppose the waiting list is long at the libraries.
Old 11-21-2011, 10:15 AM
Veteran member

I've had my Nook for several months now and get most of my books from my local library's ebook collection. I find that if I put the titles I want on the reserve list I can get them on a pretty regular basis, usually before I finish the last one. So far I've only bought 1 ebook and plan to buy very few. Especially if the price is about the same, I'll choose to but the actual book so I can pass it around to my friends.

BTW, I do love my Nook!!

Also: Wheeling, WV * Youngstown, OH* Niles, OH * Oshkosh, WI * Ft. Worth, TX * Da Bronx * Marathon, NY * Bricktown, NJ * Newark, DE * San Antonio, TX * Washington, DC * Tacoma, WA
Old 11-21-2011, 11:25 AM
Platinum member

Until recently the free Friday books for the Nook were OK. I currently have a backlog on my Nook. Also love my Nook Color.
Old 11-21-2011, 01:16 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by another Linda View Post
I've had my Nook for several months now and get most of my books from my local library's ebook collection. I find that if I put the titles I want on the reserve list I can get them on a pretty regular basis, usually before I finish the last one. So far I've only bought 1 ebook and plan to buy very few. Especially if the price is about the same, I'll choose to but the actual book so I can pass it around to my friends.
BTW, I do love my Nook!!
Like Linda, I download free books from our local library. I read 3 or 4 books a week, so it sure saves money. I've recently read a new John Grisham, Sue Grafton and Jodie Picoult, etc. It works like a charm, totally free.

I do love my iPad!
Old 11-21-2011, 01:37 PM
Veteran member

I also use Philadelphia Free Library and have never bought a book for my Nook. Since both of us have Nooks we put several books on request and always have something to read. The wait for new releases is not so long that we can't wait for it to be available through the PFL. That being said I do believe the prices should be lower for E-books.
Old 03-23-2012, 07:04 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to megamind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taj44 View Post
I was just looking at Sue Grafton's "V is for Vengeance" and noticed that the price of the ebook, either Kindle or Nook, is $14.99.. That is about the same price they're offering the hardcover for. I guess that now many people have readers, they're going to up the price of the ebooks. About a year or two ago, they were running $9.99, and they've been steadily increasing.
I have a copy of it on my computer, plus all her other books, and would be glad to give it to you. I don't think I can email a copy, but would be glad to upload direct to your Kindle if you would bring it by here.

I think I have more books stored on my computer than the library has.

PM me if interested.

Art
Old 03-24-2012, 09:18 AM
Default Books for Kindle

I get books for my Kindle from ebook.hq.fl@gmail.com Send him an email he will return a list of books he has available. The books come to me in .pdf and I email them to myself and have them converted. Cost of the books such as V is for Vengance is 50 cents.
Old 06-22-2012, 09:16 AM

I you have an IPAd you can receive e-books (via e-mail attachment) in mobi (Kindle friendly) format and open them with the Kindle app. I have all the Graftons through "U" (no "V" yet, unfortunately) but I also have a ton of similar series. I got them free, and will share them free. Let me know if interested, because I can e-mail them in mobi. My wife and daughter have IPads and we do this all the time.
Old 06-22-2012, 09:22 AM
Sage

I guess I need an education.... other than through a library subscription, how can you legally download and share free ebooks for recent titles of best selling authors?

Is mobi legal or something akin to what "Napster" downloading was for pirated music?
Old 07-05-2012, 09:50 PM
Veteran member
Default you will go to jail!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinger View Post
I have a disk containing 3500 of the latest books in .epub format including Sue Grafton's "Vengance". I also have a program that will convert .epub to .mobi.
If you would like a list of the books I can email it to you. (dingers9@msn.*****
I can sell a copy of the disk for $25
THIS IS ALL ILLEGEAL YOU ARE CHEATING THE AUTHORS OUT OF THE SALES THAT THEY HAVE WORKED HARD FOR.... WOULD YOU LIKE SOMEONE TO STEAL YOUR WORK IS ONE THING,,, THEN TO BE A SCAB AN TAKE MONEY ON THE BACK OF OTHERS WORK,,, IS NOT A GOOD THING,,, please DONT CONTINUE TO BE A THIEF!!!
Old 07-06-2012, 08:56 AM
Administrator

Selling of digital copyrighted material is not allowed on this site. Thank you for your considerations in this matter.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.