Reacher is dead and buried.

Closed Thread
Old 12-08-2023, 06:11 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,044 Times in 731 Posts
Default Reacher is dead and buried.

One of best characters in the fiction world of the last 25 years, has been Jack Reacher. Unfortunately, the Jack Reacher we've known and loved, is gone.

Once Lee Child's brother (Andrew Grant/aka Andrew Child) took over the franchise with The Sentinel, Jack Reacher seemed to became less and less "Reacher".

I read "No Plan B" yesterday and it was awful. Not only is Andrew a much inferior writer to Lee (Jim Grant), he doesn't seem to have a grasp on the character of Jack Reacher. In No Plan B, Reacher picks up a museum curator, takes her for dinner, then drinks, and then has sex with her and sleeps over! Hardly the Reacher of the last 25 years.

I guess when 5'7" Tom Cruise became the screens embodiment of 6'5" Reacher, I should have seen it coming.
Old 12-09-2023, 06:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,371 Times in 2,517 Posts

[QUOTE=BrianL99;2280918]One of best characters in the fiction world of the last 25 years, has been Jack Reacher. Unfortunately, the Jack Reacher we've known and loved, is gone.

Once Lee Child's brother (Andrew Grant/aka Andrew Child) took over the franchise with The Sentinel, Jack Reacher seemed to became less and less "Reacher".

I read "No Plan B" yesterday and it was awful. Not only is Andrew a much inferior writer to Lee (Jim Grant), he doesn't seem to have a grasp on the character of Jack Reacher. In No Plan B, Reacher picks up a museum curator, takes her for dinner, then drinks, and then has sex with her and sleeps over! Hardly the Reacher of the last 25 years.

I guess when 5'7" Tom Cruise became the screens embodiment of 6'5" Reacher, I should have seen it coming.[/QUOTE]

At least he didn't become Jacqueline Reacher.
Old 12-09-2023, 06:47 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,044 Times in 731 Posts

[QUOTE=Two Bills;2280953]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianL99 View Post
One of best characters in the fiction world of the last 25 years, has been Jack Reacher. Unfortunately, the Jack Reacher we've known and loved, is gone.

I guess when 5'7" Tom Cruise became the screens embodiment of 6'5" Reacher, I should have seen it coming.[/QUOTE]

At least he didn't become Jacqueline Reacher.
There's that. A small consolation.
Old 12-09-2023, 03:49 PM

Almost everything Hollywood touches these days becomes Woke.

Taylor Sheridan projects are one of the few exceptions.

It does seem like the tide is turning though. The last several Woke Disney movies have bombed, and it seems like they are finally getting the message that alienating half the world isn't good for business. The same with Bud Light and Target. We can only hope this reversal trend continues.
Old 12-11-2023, 04:00 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,738 Times in 5,252 Posts

For those who are interested, a new season, Season 2, of Reacher will start this Friday, December 15, on Amazon Prime Video. No Tom Cruise. I enjoyed Season 1, which you can still watch.
Closed Thread

Tags
reacher, jack, andrew, lee, plan

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.