Story of Edgar Sawtelle - book

Closed Thread
Old 03-06-2009, 09:59 AM
Taltarzac
Default Love this book the Story of Edgar Sawtelle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beady View Post
Four chapters in and I can't put it down. The writing style is one I usually do not like but the story is what has captured my attention. Lovely book so far!
This is one of the most enjoyable reads I have ever had and with my 4 degress I have read a lot of books. The writing is often poetic and I love the way he gets into the dogs' heads to tell us what the dogs are thinking.
Old 03-06-2009, 11:45 AM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts
Default To read or not to read, that is the question

Oooooooohhh, this thread is back. Oooooohhh, I started this thread way back. Ooooooohhhhh, now here I am. It is almost Spring. And you guessed it. I still have not read this book.

But I do talk about it with people a lot. And they all say that I must read it. And I know I must. And I keep promising that I will. I even promised here that I would.

Oooooohhh, now everyone will think that I am a fakey, fraudulent foister of falsehoods. (who makes up words, too.) But really, really, I am not a fake, a fraud, a foister of falsehoods.

But where this book is concerned.... oooooohhhh.....

It is Hamlet.......

Oooohhhhhh, Almondine is Ophelia.

But everybody says this book is a thing of beauty. So now that I think we have emerged from this dreary winter, maybe I will go out into the sun as soon as it is warm enough, and I will read it there.

But I can guaran-dang-tee it. Sunshine or not. I will cry.

Boomer

Last edited by Boomer; 03-06-2009 at 06:23 PM.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.