True crime book club starting

Closed Thread
Old 07-14-2009, 11:21 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
GG .. it says "banned" under Novelchick's name.
I know. That is probably why she isn't posting. I think she was banned for pushing the envelope and I was trying to avoid bringing up past troubles or causing any troubles.

I am missing you Barefoot at last! We are going home to TV for the next two weeks and I know you are stuck up there in Canada. The summer is passing and it won't be long until you too can return to Paradise.
Old 07-14-2009, 11:34 AM

Count me in...Same as Gracie, I won't be back to TV until October

I would love this type of book club...just let me know what you need me to do!
Old 07-14-2009, 04:46 PM
Location: Village of St. Charles,Binghamton, Conklin, Syracuse, and Tully, NY
Default Book Club

Please count me in on this too. I will be arriving in Sept. and am very interested . I too have many policemen/women in my family and have always been interested in their stories, and I follow all the trials locally. When does the course on the criminal mind start? I would be interested in that too, if the timing is right.
Old 07-15-2009, 12:46 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post

I am missing you Barefoot At Last! We are going home to TV for the next two weeks and I know you are stuck up there in Canada. The summer is passing and it won't be long until you too can return to Paradise.
Thanks GG. My six-month Canadian exile is over in October. I envy you having two weeks in The Bubble in July. You'll have to post how you feel about the summer weather!

I am also a big fan of true crime which Fireboy cannot understand because I'm usually a peace-loving person. But I find it absolutely fascinating to hear about true crimes and the circumstances that led up to the behaviour. I have a couple of favourite true crime authors and I'm a big Nancy Grace fan (even though I find at times she is a real whiner).
Old 07-17-2009, 08:41 AM

Well I'm glad I bumped this thread up as it seems there is still interest! I have been searching for a book club to no avail as I'm not a resident of TV. But I love to read! I also work for law enforcement (well I'm a secretary at the Federal Prison but we're all officers first as they say).
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.