True crime book club starting

Closed Thread
Old 01-03-2009, 05:17 PM
Banned
Default True crime book club starting

being a novel chick, i love to read. especially mysterys including true crime. So all your sleuths out there come on down to Hibiscus on Sunday, Jan 18th at 3 pm. we're discussing "And the sea will tell" by Vincent Bugliosi and also selecting the next 5 books to read. So if your a true crime buff, like "Criminal Minds" CSI, etc. and love to read join us for another great club that is about to begin!!
Old 01-03-2009, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by novelchick View Post
if you love mysterys, especially true crime ones join our new club "the true crime bok club" beginning Jan 18th at 3pm at Hibiscus Rec Center. the book we're discussing is "and the sea will tell" by Vincent Bugliosi. If you don't have time to read it, just join us and we'll be selecting our next five books to read. This club is for real life sleuths and/or wanna be's. If you enjoy reading about the crime, the Dets who solve them, the prosecutors who prosecute the criminals this is the club for you.
Are you a Law & Order junkie too?
Old 01-03-2009, 07:51 PM

This is the 2nd topic of the same subject by novelchick. Maybe you could combine them.
Old 01-04-2009, 09:25 AM
Banned

Sounds good.
Old 01-04-2009, 10:32 AM
Banned
Default true crime book club

don't know how post got up here twice. i only typed it one under this heading. i tried to delete second one but having no success!! I like Law and Order but to tell you the truth living here in the Villages we're lucky if we're hope 2 nights a week to watch tv. so i tape Criminal Minds because that is my favorite!! Law and order i do enjoy but again no time to watch. Life is stressful here in the Villages!! Going day and night is alot of work!! haha
Old 01-05-2009, 09:06 AM
Default book

I told the All Booked Up store at Colony the title of your book. They are good to work with and might be able to order it for you. They'll give a 25% discount on orders of 5 or more. I don't know if they currently have any copies in stock.
Old 01-05-2009, 09:14 AM
Sage
Smile Hi!

Quote:
don't know how post got up here twice. i only typed it one under this heading. i tried to delete second one but having no success!! I like Law and Order but to tell you the truth living here in the Villages we're lucky if we're hope 2 nights a week to watch tv. so i tape Criminal Minds because that is my favorite!! Law and order i do enjoy but again no time to watch. Life is stressful here in the Villages!! Going day and night is alot of work!! haha
Hi Novelchick, thought you might be interested that Joey (Joe) Mantegna is an old high school boyfriend of mine! I'm very proud of his success and love Criminal Minds. It's my favorite too, but really because I think it is so well written. We are also big Law and Order and CSI fans.
Old 01-05-2009, 06:34 PM
Banned

is he the one who plays the boss???
Old 01-05-2009, 08:45 PM
Sage
Arrow That's him.

Quote:
is he the one who plays the boss???
Yes, that's him. He was in the year ahead of me at Morton East High School in Cicero, IL He's a sweetie! Used to practice with his band at my Dad's tavern on Sunday's. Homecoming and all! I could say I took a wrong turn in life (could be rich in Hollywood) but I adore my husband. So, I know I took the right path.
Old 01-06-2009, 08:59 AM
Banned

hi chelsea wow he is handsome!! Although others don't care for is character i love him on the show. i love all the characters. that is what makes the show!! if you like reading, hope to see you at our new book club. part 1 of the book is great with story. part ii goes into trial. drags a bit but book overall is excellent!! really good read!!
Old 07-12-2009, 06:37 PM

Not sure if this still active as it's such an old threat but I'm a mystery/true crime lover as well!
Old 07-13-2009, 04:16 PM

Would love it if this club met at a time other than Sunday.
Old 07-13-2009, 04:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekdk92 View Post
Would love it if this club met at a time other than Sunday.
The person who started this thread and posted the time of the meetings, Novelchick hasn't posted for a good while.

I see no reason why we who love to read True Crime books can't continue on and decide what time to meet. I hope if such a book club starts you will keep us posted. Unfortunately, I won't be there until October or I would volunteer our home to meet in.

I am looking forward to taking the course called "The Criminal Mind" at the Lifelong Learning College too. I just love to hear why people do the things they do. I have been reading true crime since growing up in my grandparents house where my grandfather was a police officer and he had a lot of detective magazines that I would sneak around and read until I got caught.

Last edited by graciegirl; 07-13-2009 at 06:36 PM.
Old 07-13-2009, 09:31 PM
Sage

I'd love to be kept informed, also, and could host some of the meetings at our house. After all, nonfiction is stranger than fiction!
Old 07-14-2009, 10:39 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
The person who started this thread and posted the time of the meetings, Novelchick hasn't posted for a good while.
GG .. it says "banned" under Novelchick's name.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.