Where do you read?

Closed Thread
Old 08-08-2011, 02:33 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by uujudy View Post
Can you have too many art books? Is that possible? That's like having too many colors in your pallette, isn't it? We artists know that's not possible.
Old 08-24-2011, 08:49 PM
Gold member

I love to read ANYHWERE! and EVERYTHING! When our Reader's Digest arrives, my hubby hands it to me and says "see ya tomorrow" because he knows I am not going to put it down until I have devoured it from cover to cover...
Old 08-24-2011, 10:17 PM
Gold member

I have always loved to read...now, however, it presents lots of problems. I wish I could just shut everything off like I did when I was younger and just enjoy it. Now, if I'm home, there is too much to do...when I try to read in bed, I just can't get comfortable...lay on back..uncomfortable...right side...hand goes to sleep...turn over...left hand goes to sleep..finally say forget it! It's a b**ch getting old!!! There was one thing I did notice though...on my lifestyle visit, I sat on the lanai and totally enjoyed the book I was reading...think that's a sign?? hmmmm (can you tell I can't wait to get there??????)
Old 08-25-2011, 07:24 AM
Gold member
Default My favorite place to read

is on the balcony of our cabin on a cruise ship.
Old 10-01-2011, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffysmom View Post
I agree with you. I alwAys make a point of purchasing something along with my drink. I,m an artist and purchase way too any art books.
I said something about this in another thread but..... I have loved to read since a little girl... Bobbsie Twins... Nancy Drew...Anything I could get my hands on.. My mother had to watch where she put down the books she was reading if she did not want me to read them. She was not happy when she found out at 12 I had read "In Cold Blood" I have now found Audio Books.. They are amazing!! I am still working and spend alot of time driving in the car to and from work. But on the weekend or in the evening I will bring the book inside.. On the weekend I love to paint.. I play the CD in my computer while I am painting..As children we loved to be read to.. try it again as an adult.. relax sit in a chair and listen, some readers can be very intense.. I get all my books from the library..I can go online and search if they don't have what I want they will get it from another library.. I gave a book to a friend, she was driving to vist her father.. she was so into the book she missed her exit!! Another friend was mowing his lawn and did not want to stop.. he was at such a good part he mowed his lawn 2x.. Try it you may like it!
Old 10-01-2011, 09:43 AM
Veteran member

I wish there were small parks perhaps by the lakes with benches where one can read in quiet. Under the oak tree would be wonderful too. In England there are many tiny parks where people are quietly reading. Luxenburg Park in Paris is a readers' paradise. Perhaps Morse family might put more benches for us for some quality reading time?

Up North, we converted one of the empty nest rooms for my library where I am covered with books, a reclining chair, and a Bose earphone for my music. I am very happy there. In the winter, I need sunlight so I come down to the living room sofa and read there. In TV, I love the lanai with a book in one hand and a big mug of morning coffee. I am a morning reader so I don't read in the evening. I can go to sleep in two minutes of hitting the pillow.
Old 10-01-2011, 10:00 AM
Platinum member
Default Where I like to read

On weekends, after I have finished all my chores, I like to read in my back room, which overlooks the lanai. There is a small pond and an ancient shade tree. I sit in my I-Joy chair, which reclines, massages, vibrates (!) etc.

When the weather is nice, there is a tree swing down by the pond that is even better for reading.

To me the technology for reading isn't the important thing - reading is still wonderful! It's a complete "escape".

"Do no harm" (but take no sh**!)
Old 10-01-2011, 01:15 PM
Veteran member
Default What to do when you have too many art books?

Duffysmom. Many art books are too big. My wife had an art gallery for many years until after 9/11 when people lost interest for a while. I wasn't initially interested in art books per se but whatever she bought, I started first looking then actually reading. Then I seem to have gotten addicted and started to buy on my own. We have too many art books but we can't part from them...a biggest dilemma for TV downsizing.
Old 10-01-2011, 01:35 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowbunny View Post
I read everywhere I can. At home while eating breakfast, while standing in line somewhere or while watching TV. Doesn't matter where I go, a book or Nook travels with me. My favorite spot, though, is the bathtub. I don't feel the need to do something else while in the tub since the bath is my reward after a long day. I've come out looking like a prune and the hot water be all gone. Had to finish the book.
I'm exactly like Meowbunny. Reading is my favourite pasttime. I read everywhere I can, including the dog park and usually when standing in line somewhere. Bathtub reading is great. I'm always in the middle of a book, and never go anywhere without a book or my iPad, which has lots of free library books.

Once I start a really good book, I have to read until the end. I just read John Grisham "The Confession" and read in bed until I finished it at 5 AM. And that is why this is my favourite icon.
Old 10-11-2011, 03:53 PM

I never liked reading when I was young. I never read a book in high school or college. I lived on cliff notes. About 15 years ago I read a Grisham book that was great (I don't remember which book it was)! I was hooked. I read everything now from Aristotile to Sandra Brown. I even went back and read all the books that I was supposed to in high school and college. I will read anywhere, my favorite places are cruise ships, recliner, pool and the lanai. The only place I wont read or watch TV is in the bedroom. That is reserved for 2 things only and always has been.
Old 10-16-2011, 02:56 PM
Sage

I love to read in bed. In TV, I love to read on the Lanai. I'm usually listening to a book while in the car. As others have said, I do not read as much as when I was a kid, but still love to read when I can.
Old 10-17-2011, 10:48 PM
Gold member

In summers, when we were small, we started out walking 6 blocks to the school to visit the BookMobile. After a few weeks of doing that, the Librarian/Driver told Mom that he would just bring the BookMobile to us since we were the only kids using it. After that the BookMobile parked out front of our house all day once a week! It was awesome to spend the day in the coolness, surrounded by so many adventures just waiting to be picked from the shelf like a piece of ripe fruit. To this day, I can re-read my favorites and read new favorites into the night until I am finished.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.