World Without End

Closed Thread
Old 07-13-2008, 02:21 AM
Gold member
Default World Without End

World Without End Another epic novel by Ken Follett. If you read and enjoyed his earlier book, The Pillars of The Earth, this one picks up 200 years later and is another great story. Give his one 4 :bigthumbsup:
Old 07-13-2008, 02:27 PM
Platinum member
Default Re: World Without End

Both books were outstanding. It's amazing how Ken Follett who made his name in espionage thrillers (Key to Rebecca and Eye of the Needle) has re-invented himself and will most likely be remembers for his later historically accurate epic novels.
Old 11-30-2008, 10:38 PM
Veteran member

A wonderful book. I read it on my Kindle - that allowed me to take it with me when I traveled without having to lug another monster book.
Old 12-01-2008, 07:02 PM

I just started reading World Without End and it has already captured me. I loved Pillars of the Earth. There is nothing like a great book.
Old 12-01-2008, 10:34 PM
Platinum member

My wife and I will always remember our World Without End experience. We love audio books but were a little scared looking at the 36 CD set! So we listened on our way from Upstate NY to TV. All the way there, then all the way back. That's 38 hours. We like to talk too, but I don't think we said more than ten words to each other on the whole trip. As we approached Buffalo we were on disc 32 and I considered just detouring to Toronto to finish the story. But we went straight home, left everything in the car, put the last few discs on the stereo and didn't budge until it was over. What a book! What a great trip!
Old 12-02-2008, 08:57 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

I just finished World Without End and it was a great book. I am sure the title had to come from the length of the book. I usually read a book or more a week and this one took me 3 weeks to finish. I have read all of Ken Folletts books and my favorite was Lie Down with Lions. He is an excellent writer and I can't wait for his next one.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.