America: The Movie

Closed Thread
Old 07-09-2014, 09:12 AM
Veteran member

Thank you COSTO. Thanks to the publicity that COSTCO gave to the book, as of 10:00 a.m. this morning America is #1 overall on Amazon Best Sellers. Great marketing tool COSTCO to put the book #1.
Old 07-09-2014, 03:04 PM
Gold member

Just saw America the movie. The theater was almost full and there was applause at the end. The film shows how some are perverting the truth about America. I for one liked it very much.
Old 07-09-2014, 04:35 PM

Saw the movie and it was excellent.
Only the brave should go to see it. If you're hooked on cool aid, you might want to stay home as the shock of the truth might cause your heart to stop.
Old 07-09-2014, 05:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

Can I handle the truth?

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MMzd40i8TfA
Old 07-09-2014, 06:32 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by capecodbob View Post
Saw the movie and it was excellent.

Only the brave should go to see it. If you're hooked on cool aid, you might want to stay home as the shock of the truth might cause your heart to stop.

Love it.
Old 07-09-2014, 07:59 PM

want to see America...it is a wonderful movie
Old 07-09-2014, 10:55 PM
Gold member

Costco stopped selling the book. Does Trader Joe's sell books? Not that it really matters because we probably won't see either store in TV.
Old 07-10-2014, 09:27 PM
Default America; The best movie of the century

A history lesson like no other. Don't miss it if you have to go to Orlando or Ocala. Regardless of what side you are on it's enlightenment we desperately need today.
Old 07-24-2014, 09:21 PM

We saw the movie today. It was very educational and thought provoking. Excellent!
Old 07-27-2014, 07:45 PM
Sage

I thought the movie was the one of the must see films of my lifetime.
Old 07-27-2014, 08:24 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by janmcn View Post
Didn't Dinesh D'Souza just plead guilty to violating campaign finance law and will be serving time in jail? It would be surprising if TV would show the movie under these circumstances.

Dinesh D

I did not know about this thread, but enjoy this man and wondering if you actually read the link about this charge ? Seems he was targeted and railroaded a bit although he was technically guilty.

"Brafman added in his press statement: “Mr. D’Souza agreed to accept responsibility for having urged two close associates to make contributions of $10,000 each to the unsuccessful 2012 senate campaign of Wendy Long and then reimbursing them for their contributions. Given the technical nature of the charge, there was no viable defense.”

Read more: Dinesh D

I think this is important to be honest and fair and incontext on this matter. Your post left it a bit more ominous that it really is...quite a bit actually !

I would ask the poster where it says he is going to jail ??????

I find no mention of that anywhere....sentencing yes....jail no !!!

Sorry to interrupt the discussion but fair is fair

PS....I am editing as I investigate this further, I do see mention of the allowed punishment which includes jail time so that is taken care of. This was an interesting research on these charges....found videos of the "bad guy" admitting and talking about it along with a number of articles. Unfortunetly they are all po......l thus not adding them and my only intent in this post was to keep everything in perspective and not be led astray by some posts. I apologize again and will now shut up and go away .
Old 07-27-2014, 10:29 PM
Default America the movie

I thought it was a very good movie. When it first started I thought I will be walking out because it was negative but then you see why it is done that way. We were all clapping at the end and shows me why I am so proud to be an american.
Old 07-28-2014, 06:22 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by janmcn View Post
Movies are banned from being shown in The Villages all the time because of their political leanings, as are public speakers, book signings, etc. So much for the "take it or leave it" theory. If you want to take it, you will have to travel out of this area.
True. I'm not going to come back to this thread, because its clearly biased in one direction, but I thought Roger Ebert summed it up pretty well when he said something to the effect that America is like the cinematic equivalent of one of those forwarded e-mails of mostly discredited "facts" that you receive from an uncle.

In fact, all the major critics say that it lacks fact checking, it relies on hypothetical reenactments rather than interviews, research and data; Souza tries to make real world points with make believe scenarios; his arguments and rationalizations are facile.
Old 07-28-2014, 07:53 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,319 Times in 2,056 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey100 View Post
True. I'm not going to come back to this thread, because its clearly biased in one direction, but I thought Roger Ebert summed it up pretty well when he said something to the effect that America is like the cinematic equivalent of one of those forwarded e-mails of mostly discredited "facts" that you receive from an uncle.

In fact, all the major critics say that it lacks fact checking, it relies on hypothetical reenactments rather than interviews, research and data; Souza tries to make real world points with make believe scenarios; his arguments and rationalizations are facile.
That's one of Roger Ebert's proteges Peter Sobczynski doing the review. America Movie Review & Film Summary (2014) | Roger Ebert

I will probably skip this one.
Old 07-28-2014, 08:33 AM

Sorry, the thread is not biased.
People who saw the film are expressing their opinions on it, which is their right. If more opinions lean one way, rather than the other, this is not bias, it is merely statistical data.
We have a bad habit lately of dismissing any opinion which does not agree with our own as being biased. Or prejudiced, or racist, etc. Oh well, it saves us from having to think for ourselves.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.