American Sniper

Closed Thread
Old 01-30-2015, 07:30 PM
Sage

read this
Draw your own conclusions.
Old 01-30-2015, 07:56 PM
Veteran member

Some will do anything to bring down a hero. This post was about a movie, but haters gotta turn it into something else.
Old 02-07-2015, 09:11 PM
Sage

For me this was an experience. The movie is well done. I must be living in a cave because I didn't know it was based on a true story. Weighed too heavy on my heart. I can't unsee it and wish I hadn't. I have only the utmost respect for our military and their families but it was intense. Too intense for me. God bless our military.
Old 02-07-2015, 10:17 PM
Sage

It was an experience for me too.
I think about this movie a lot.
If that was the director's [Clint Eastwood] intent, it worked.
Old 02-08-2015, 09:33 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,470 Times in 611 Posts

Finally went to see it - waiting for the lines to slow. Saw the 1:15 yesterday - turned around before the start and the place was almost full. Gave me a good feeling - I knew TV was generally very patriotic and cared about military etc.
What a well done movie. I knew the story very wel but did not read Kyle's book yet. The acting, esp B Cooper was chilling. A+ perf. The fighting scenes were (I assume) so realistic and (I assume) depict the real action to a T. How those guys put their lives on the line...yikes.
Knew the story's ending and when it came we had a hollow feeling. Eastwood did a wonderful job on this film - I respect that he included pictures of the real Kyle and wife before the credits. Heartbreaking.
Great job to all producing this movie. Glad it is such a moneymaker - but I'm afraid when it comes to Oscartime it will be snubbed, solely due to subject matter.

Last edited by DeanFL; 02-08-2015 at 11:01 AM.
Old 02-08-2015, 10:23 AM
Gold member

Totally agree.
Old 02-08-2015, 11:59 AM

As it does turn out Kris wanted to sell more books and made up the beating up of Jesse Ventura.Ventura sued and won to the tune of 1.8 million.I loved the movie but reading about the lies to make more money kind of put a damper on his reputation.Hes still a hero but with a asterisk on the whole thing for me.
Old 02-08-2015, 08:34 PM

EXCELLENT! We saw American Sniper today at LSL, audience applauded at end. Mr. Bradley Cooper did an outstanding job, as always. RIP Chris Kyle, you appeared just as patriotic as my Dad.............!!
Old 03-13-2015, 01:01 AM
Gold member

Loved the movie. Real american hero
Old 03-13-2015, 05:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

I haven't seen the movie, for the same reason that Happynow describes. My heart is too fragile anymore. I can't seem to watch real things of this magnitude without carrying it around for days, I worry about the world and the future of our country much more than I used to.

When I read the comments I am so proud to live among you. So glad that this place is peopled with the kind of people I grew up with and admire.

I want always to believe in heros and I want always to think that this country will prevail against it's enemies.

I hope and pray that things change and that patriotism again becomes a common virtue, extolled by all.

As far as whether Chris Kyle was perfect? I don't know. Few people are. He did what I could never do.
Old 03-13-2015, 08:01 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,470 Times in 611 Posts

We saw it a week or two after release. Wonderful movie, and we had little doubt back then that it would receive Oscar snubs as it certainly did. At the TV theatre, silence at the end then applause. Glad I brought a hanky.

BTW I simply cannot watch the first 30 minutes of Saving Private Ryan after seeing the movie the first couple times, another stellar movie. These type of movies are a stark reminder to many of us of the sacrifices so many made for us --- and that so many in this country take for granted or simply don't know.

Best country in the world this is - and we are so fortunate to live in one of the best (and most patriotic) communities in the good ol' US of A.

hmm salty discharge from eyes again...must be the allergies.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.