Barbie - Movie Inflation

Closed Thread
Old 09-07-2023, 06:00 AM

Ditto on the Lake County Library system. In addition to a huge selection of DVDs, they also have a pretty good selection of BluRay discs. They typically get DVDs as soon as they are released for sale but you might have to wait in line for some popular titles unless you monitor the "New DVDs" selection and reserve it as soon as they put it in their system.
Old 09-07-2023, 06:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,739 Times in 5,253 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berwin View Post
Ditto on the Lake County Library system. In addition to a huge selection of DVDs, they also have a pretty good selection of BluRay discs. They typically get DVDs as soon as they are released for sale but you might have to wait in line for some popular titles unless you monitor the "New DVDs" selection and reserve it as soon as they put it in their system.
Note that the digital copy of Barbie will be available for purchase on September 12. But, the DVD will not be released until February 29, 2024, almost 6 months later.
Old 09-07-2023, 07:17 AM
Sage

I don't "get" the hype of Barbie. I wouldn't purchase it if that expensive. IF I did see it, it would have to be free----then if I didn't like it I wouldn't be out the dollars. BUT that's just me......
Old 09-07-2023, 08:07 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,066 Times in 534 Posts

I pay indirectly to watch movies, in the comfort of my own home. With streaming, I don't understand why anyone would buy a DVD of any movie. I gave away my DVD players...... I'm looking forward to seeing Barbie, when it's on Prime or Max or whatever.
Old 09-07-2023, 08:26 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,523 Times in 3,109 Posts

I'll probably rent Barbie from Amazon when it becomes available for $4.99 to rent.
Old 09-07-2023, 09:08 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,018 Times in 1,012 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypart View Post
So odd to not want to see the movie but care what it costs.

I don't eat certain foods, and I can't say I care what the foods I don't eat cost. I'm not into sports cars, and I can't say I care what they cost. I'm not into....and so on
well, it's a good way to see what the makers/studio think they'll get for it. personally, without seeing the movie & judging on my own, it looks stupid for adults, but delightful for preteen girls. it may also be priced this way because xmas is coming, & what better way to profit by sneaking 1 of these copies in the child's stocking? like all movies, it will soon be on Tubi for free
Old 09-07-2023, 11:03 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by airstreamingypsy View Post
I pay indirectly to watch movies, in the comfort of my own home. With streaming, I don't understand why anyone would buy a DVD of any movie. I gave away my DVD players...... I'm looking forward to seeing Barbie, when it's on Prime or Max or whatever.
Same. If I don't like it, I can turn it off and find something better to do with my time. No sense in wasting money on Hollywood garbage.
Old 09-07-2023, 03:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,528 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
That is quite expensive. They usually go around $25 on VuDu. I did order it but will see if I keep on in my Queue.

Some of these movies I like to watch very carefully. So I need to stop it a lot.
I stop and go back on a lot of mystery thriller type of movies (like "The Devil's Hour" on Prime. I might not need to with Barbie, yet I understand that audiences LOVE it.
Old 09-07-2023, 04:11 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PugMom View Post
well, it's a good way to see what the makers/studio think they'll get for it. personally, without seeing the movie & judging on my own, it looks stupid for adults, but delightful for preteen girls. it may also be priced this way because xmas is coming, & what better way to profit by sneaking 1 of these copies in the child's stocking? like all movies, it will soon be on Tubi for free
Why are you bashing a movie you haven’t seen and clearly know nothing about? It’s not out on DVD until 2024 and it’s not a child’s movie per se. It’s rated PG-13 for a reason. Keep an eye out in about 5 years on Tubi.
Old 09-08-2023, 04:10 PM
Default It really is a chick flick in every sense of the word.

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
I really have no interest in watching the movie, but the cost to own a digital copy is $31.99. Is anyone planning to buy this movie?
If you did not grow up playing with Barbies; (and I dont know your leanings....) you will not understand this movies. It is funny but really for women. I hope that helps with the purchase dilemma.
Closed Thread

Tags
movie, barbie, buy, planning, $31.99

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.