Which movie do you like the most of the Best Picture Oscar nominated movies?

View Poll Results: Which movie do you like the most of the Oscar nominees this year for Best Film?
127 Hours 0 0%
Black Swan 1 2.94%
The Fighter 2 5.88%
Inception 1 2.94%
The Kids are All Right 0 0%
The King's Speech 21 61.76%
The Social Network 1 2.94%
Toy Story 3 1 2.94%
True Grit 6 17.65%
Winter's Bone 1 2.94%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Old 01-29-2011, 11:20 AM
Taltarzac
Default Which movie do you like the most of the Best Picture Oscar nominated movies?

I have not seen all of these yet. Have not even seen the ten from last year either though.

These movies are: 127 Hours, Black Swan, The Fighter, Inception, The Kids are All Right, The King's Speech, The Social Network, Toy Story 3, True Grit, and Winter's Bone.

I have only seen Inception and the last three in the alphabetical array above.
Old 01-29-2011, 12:44 PM

127 Hours, Black Swan, The Fighter, Inception, The Kids are All Right, The King's Speech, The Social Network, Toy Story 3, True Grit, and Winter's Bone.

Inception was one of the worst movies I saw this year (Stone was the worst). True Grit was good but it was a remake and not that much better than the original although the acting was a major upgrade! I'd say I really enjoyed the Fighter, The King's Speech and the Social Network the most out of that group and it's a tough decision between those three. Think most men would like the Fighter best, most women the King's Speech and the Social Network would be second on each of their list. For me I enjoyed the Social Network and would vote it the best movie because it was unique, about computers (my former field) and had a lot of coverage of the Harvard/MIT area and I went to grad school there . . . so for those reasons it receives my vote.
Old 01-29-2011, 02:21 PM
Sage

I have to disagree on Inception. I really liked it. Kind of Matrix like but better IMHO.
Old 01-29-2011, 02:38 PM
Administrator

What? No poll to vote on?

I'll make it The King's Speech.
Old 01-29-2011, 03:46 PM
Taltarzac
Default Good suggestion, Tony.

I will do a poll too.
Old 01-29-2011, 03:49 PM
Taltarzac
Default Poll. Which movie of the Academy Award Best Film nominees do you like the most?

Just enough options to cover all ten movies up for the Best Film Oscar this year. I have only seen four of these-- Inception, Toy Story 3, True Grit and Winter's Bone. Loved Toy Story 3.
Old 01-29-2011, 07:52 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Village of El Cortez. Before: Canada, NY, VA, AL, AK, NV, DE & France, Germany

So far, we've only seen two: Inception and Winter Bone.

We agree with Russ as we loved Inception. We rented it and were able to stop and discuss the plot, then restart the movie. That helped because the plot is very complicated and my brain was worn out from following the twists and turns and roller coaster story.

Winter Bone was good, too, and reminded me of another movie recently seen with Hal Holbrook "The Evening Sun" as both were set in the south and both about losing family and losing one's home. Gotta go see the others before we can answer a poll.
Old 01-30-2011, 04:29 AM
Taltarzac

The King's Speech seems to be far ahead in the poll.

Last edited by Taltarzac725; 01-31-2011 at 08:18 AM.
Old 01-30-2011, 12:13 PM

I loved The Kings's Speech (hope Colin Firth gets Best Actor). I also really enjoyed The Kids Are Alright and Winters Bone, however of all the movies nominated I would have to say The Fighter was my favorite. To me this movie had it all.
Old 01-31-2011, 08:23 AM
Taltarzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSNPA View Post
I loved The Kings's Speech (hope Colin Firth gets Best Actor). I also really enjoyed The Kids Are Alright and Winters Bone, however of all the movies nominated I would have to say The Fighter was my favorite. To me this movie had it all.
Looks like The King's Speech is pulling ahead from The Social Network because of the recent wins for it as well as Colin Firth in the Screen Actors and Directors' Guild Awards. The actors from The Fighter got some as well.
Old 02-22-2011, 04:34 PM
Email Reported As Spam
Default Best Movie

I will be able to vote as soon as they all make Cable TV. I was probably the last person in the USA to see Avatar. No, I am not adverse to paying for a movie its just that the theater owners won't let me bring my refrig into their establishments. Based on TV trailers appears King's speech and Black Swan are awesome. Let me see what snacks go best with King's sppeech and which with black Swan??
Old 02-22-2011, 07:57 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Village of El Cortez. Before: Canada, NY, VA, AL, AK, NV, DE & France, Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
Let me see what snacks go best with King's sppeech and which with black Swan??
King's Sppeech = Fish and Chips with Malt Vinegar
Black Swan = Watercress on Melba Toast -- no forget the toast. Just Watercress, please.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.