Book Club.

Closed Thread
Old 09-15-2018, 10:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,319 Times in 2,056 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
The Wednesday Sun I believe it was, had statistics for TV, one was there are now over 20,000 veterans living here. That will explain part of the problem with male viewership of Book Club. You see, anything with Jane Fonda has many, many vets immediately repulsed due to her Hanoi Jane years. I've long forgotten her politics and have seen her in two of my favorites, the film 9 to 5 and Coming Home. Ironically Coming Home was about a crippled Vietnam vet played by John Voight and Jane's character has a romanic relationship. Many others will still not see any film she performs in, which is why I think she is mostly in comedies.

The Villages Florida
She hardly looks 80 to me in the movie. I can understand why some Vietnam era vets really dislike Jane Fonda 40 years after those events. Jane Fonda - Rotten Tomatoes

I do not care that much about an actor's politics as long as he or she is playing some character in a movie or play to the best of his or her ability. Does not seem to be relevant to the movie or play going experience.
Old 09-15-2018, 02:07 PM
Sage

My other half, who was drafted at age 24 and sent to Viet Nam, is one of those Vets who will not watch anything in which Jane Fonda has a part.
Old 09-15-2018, 02:40 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carla B View Post
My other half, who was drafted at age 24 and sent to Viet Nam, is one of those Vets who will not watch anything in which Jane Fonda has a part.
Thanks to your other half for his service...and for his good taste in picking his entertainment.
Closed Thread

Tags
auditorium, jammed, wars, story, star

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.