Fair Play in the Villages????

Closed Thread
Old 12-25-2010, 09:15 PM
Veteran member

I agree. What I like too, was how it focused on her life, in particular her marriage, and how that almost disintegrated due to the stress of the outing and how the government treated her. And it reminded us of the folks overseas who she worked with who became victims as well.
Old 12-26-2010, 09:12 AM
Veteran member
Default Probably Not an Intelligent Selection for The Villages

Fair Game was released as an 'art house' film. Later it was tried in general release, but maxed out at 436 screens. Now rapidly disappearing. On Rotten Tomatoes it received a 74% rating from the top critics and a 72% audience rating - in other words a good, not great film. Box office was not good. It ranks 131st among all films released in 2010 per boxofficemojo.

If I were doing the selections for The Villages theaters, I would not have considered this film. It would be a waste of a screen. I could make much more by bringing back Boynton Beach Club which had a lower box office nationwide than Fair Game but did very well here. It appears that the policy is to give the customers what they want. Makes sense to me. I'll probably get it on Netflix if it is available for instant view.

Last edited by BBQMan; 12-26-2010 at 09:14 AM.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.