The Fighter

Closed Thread
Old 01-06-2011, 10:17 PM
Default The Fighter

Pretty good flick . . . based on the true story of Micky Ward's life and rise in the fighting world. Great performance by Christian Bale in the role of Micky's 1/2 brother Dicky Eklund . . . I'd say he get bet supporting actor for his role. Anyone familiar with Lowell, MA will appreciate the views of the city, the mills, bridges and Pawtucket River. Mickey O'Keefe played himself in the movie and did an outstanding job!

RI/AL/TX/CA/AR/OK/MA/RI . . . TV forever!
Old 01-07-2011, 09:24 PM
Sage
Default Good movie!

It was a good movie, and I'm not a boxing fan. I didn't know it was based on a true story. Interesting to see Amy Adams playing a character a little rough around the edges. Loved Mickey's mom and his sisters.

I agree that Christian Bale will probably get a best support actor Oscar nomination.
Old 01-08-2011, 04:58 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,167 Times in 439 Posts
Default The Fighter

good flick..
Old 01-16-2011, 08:01 PM
Veteran member

Really good movie. I was a fan of boxing when Micky Ward was fighting; so I found his story very interesting; but this is a great, very well-acted, sometimes poignant and humorous, story of family conflict and drama, personal growth, and courage even if you are not a boxing fan. If you don't like violence you might find yourself needing to look away during some of the fight scenes in the ring and during one other scene, but they are brief.

Measure your wealth not by the things that you have, but by the things you have for which you wouldn't take money.
The world needs dreamers; the world needs 'do'-ers. But most of all, the world needs dreamers who are do-ers.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.