"Grown-Ups" is not for

Closed Thread
Old 07-29-2010, 10:34 AM
Default "Grown-Ups" is not for

grown-ups, assembling an all-star comedic cast does not by any means insure the desired result. Perhaps it is my sense of humor, but this movie just didn't at any point provide even a hint of a laugh. My 21 year old daughter shared the same opinion; very poorly written; we expected much more from Sandler and this all-star cast?
Worst movie I've seen in a good long time!
My rating: Boo "we want a refund"

Question with boldness
Hold to the truth
Speak without fear

"Too soon old...too late smart"
Old 07-29-2010, 11:23 AM
Taltarzac
Default I will wait for the DVD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grayesun View Post
grown-ups, assembling an all-star comedic cast does not by any means insure the desired result. Perhaps it is my sense of humor, but this movie just didn't at any point provide even a hint of a laugh. My 21 year old daughter shared the same opinion; very poorly written; we expected much more from Sandler and this all-star cast?
Worst movie I've seen in a good long time!
My rating: Boo "we want a refund"
Some of the Adam Sandler movies are quite amusing. This one though I should wait for the DVD.
Old 07-29-2010, 12:04 PM

My husband and I thought it was hilarious. Funny in a "silly" way, but I guess that's what were in the mood for that night. Sorry to hear you didn't enjoy it. I could never be a movie critic - I guess I'm "easy" when it comes to movies.
Old 07-29-2010, 01:13 PM
Veteran member

I agree with you Suzy. We were in a goofey mood when we went to see it. In a way I guess I kind of related to some of the characters. I guess my life was poorly written...but it has been fun!
Old 07-29-2010, 02:13 PM
Platinum member

My wife and I enjoyed it too. I can't believe anyone couldn't have had at least a chuckle when Kevin James swung on the rope into the tree.

A pessimist is an optimist with experience.

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.