Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 1.

Closed Thread
Old 11-21-2010, 08:20 AM
Taltarzac
Default Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 1.

Anyone seen this yet? Like it? Hate it?

I have just finished watching all of the Harry Potter movies so far out on DVD. I had seen them all before at least once in the theaters as well as on DVD but it had been awhile since I had seen them.

They sure get darker and darker as the kids progress in school at Hogwarts.

I could only read the first couple of Harry Potter books. Kind of lost interest after the 4th book. So, I probably do not have as much invested in HP7 as some fans who are very much into Harry Potter.
Old 11-21-2010, 09:37 AM

Thanks for this post - I too would like to know what the local reaction is as reviews seem to be mixed. Had planned to go yesterday, but got sick and didn't want to spread my sneezy, germy joy all over a crowded theater.
Old 11-21-2010, 12:56 PM
Veteran member

All the reviews I have read said that it is the best movie of the series so far. I seem to have a strange reaction to the HP movies. I enjoy the movies visually, but after they are over, I don't find them memorable. In fact, when reruns come on television there are many scenes that I don't recall seeing even though I've seen all the movies. In case you think this is my old man memory, I can assure you that I remember every scene of movies like the Godfather, Dirty Dancing, etc.
Old 11-21-2010, 01:14 PM
Taltarzac

The reviews in both Time and Newsweek were rather poor of HP7.

These reviews may contain spoilers--

Time http://www.time.com/time/arts/articl...031721,00.html

Newsweek http://www.newsweek.com/2010/11/15/h...bref=obnetwork

Last edited by Taltarzac725; 11-21-2010 at 01:20 PM.
Old 11-21-2010, 06:02 PM
Sage

[QUOTE=Taltarzac;310343]The reviews in both Time and Newsweek were rather poor of HP7.

LOL. My parents used to read the reviews of movies in Newsweek. If they liked it, they stayed away. If they panned it, they went. Always worked out well for them.

Old 11-22-2010, 04:21 PM
Veteran member

Saw Harry today. It is jam pack with action and very true to the book. Much darker than previous movies visually and story wise as is the book. Do not want to say too much and spoil it for others. If you are a Harry Potter fan I highly recommend seeing the movie.
Old 11-22-2010, 08:37 PM
Sage

Hubby and I saw HP today and we both loved it! The entire "feel" of the movie is so different, so much has changed since Harry was living in the cupboard under the stairs. Even though the movie was quite long, you didn't notice...there was indeed lots of action!

The grandkids will be here Friday and we're going to see it again with them. The one thing that bothered me....it was REALLY LOUD! If you have sensitive ears, bring some of those foam ear plugs...lol.... I will on Friday.

In my estimation, the reviews from Time and Newsweek were way off base. Go, enjoy and be patient, we have to wait until summer to see the end.

Last edited by pooh; 11-22-2010 at 08:53 PM.
Old 01-07-2011, 09:07 AM
Taltarzac
Default Finally got around to seeing Harry Potter 7...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2newyorkers View Post
Saw Harry today. It is jam pack with action and very true to the book. Much darker than previous movies visually and story wise as is the book. Do not want to say too much and spoil it for others. If you are a Harry Potter fan I highly recommend seeing the movie.
...and really liked it. The reviewers I mentioned earlier in this thread do not know what they are writing about as there was not all that much chatter and teen angst.
Old 01-07-2011, 09:38 AM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh View Post
In my estimation, the reviews from Time and Newsweek were way off base.
Expecting or trusting that you'll get an honest objective review from a movie critic is like expecting or trusting that you'll get honest or representative legislative votes from you elected politicians. There are exceptions of course, but they're far and few between!
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.