Heaven Is For Real

Closed Thread
Old 04-26-2014, 12:40 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villages PL View Post
Being that you read the book and saw the movie, will you please tell me why God first took the boy's soul up to heaven and then sent it back?
To write a book and then a movie to let people know that there IS a heaven that God wants all His children to go to when they die... :-)
Old 04-26-2014, 12:49 PM
Sage
Default Young children have an innocence about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by villager View Post
I usually don't post about these things, but for some reason, feel compelled to this time. Yes, I believe. I believe the story and believe the young man who had the experience. I won't share my personal reasons why, but I do feel there is more to the story than just money, money, money. I gave the book to a friend who was an agnostic and when she finished the book, she sat and re-evaluated her whole belief system. The story has always been promoted as a true story. It has touched many people's lives. Who am I to judge the truth of others?

I read the book several years ago and found it inspirational.
Children are so innocent and it's hard to fathom him making up this story. I also believe his "experience". Hope to see the movie..........soon.
Old 04-26-2014, 01:04 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucson View Post
To write a book and then a movie to let people know that there IS a heaven that God wants all His children to go to when they die... :-)
So God is now a promoter of books and movies? That doesn't answer my question. What I was asking is this: In the book and the movie, what was the reason given for returning the boy's soul to his body?
Old 04-26-2014, 01:21 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villages PL View Post
So God is now a promoter of books and movies? That doesn't answer my question. What I was asking is this: In the book and the movie, what was the reason given for returning the boy's soul to his body?
Yes, matter of fact,He IS a promoter of books, the greatest one is the Bible!
:-) I know someone personally who also died and went to Heaven and God told her she had to go back, b/c her family needed her and she had more "work" to do. Obviously, this young boy also had a mission to yet be accomplished, which is now being fulfilled...:-)
Old 04-26-2014, 01:47 PM
Sage

All I can say is Wow. I would say Boy Howdy but that seems rude
Ecclesiasites 3:12
Old 04-26-2014, 01:54 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Someone smarter than me once wrote that intellectualizing the birth of the universe as the big bang theory was like suggesting a building exploding full of alphabetic letters would result in the encyclopedia .

Every aspect of the universe as we know it is mathematical proportional. The human body is extraordinary In the short run people see discrepancies but in the long run nature (God) returns everything in balance

Faith teachings are rich with metaphors some of which people take literally

The subject matter here is too complex and vast for men to understand. There is far too many missing pieces of this puzzle.

What I believe has been lost by the deniers on this thread is the message by many that near death experience have in common such an enlightening and source of peace and joy to the point that they did not want to return.

Why argue when you can take comfort that in that last moment the light will shine upon you.
Old 04-26-2014, 02:00 PM
Sage
Default Excellent post

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
Someone smarter than me once wrote that intellectualizing the birth of the universe as the big bang theory was like suggesting a building exploding full of alphabetic letters would result in the encyclopedia .

Every aspect of the universe as we know it is mathematical proportional. The human body is extraordinary In the short run people see discrepancies but in the long run nature (God) returns everything in balance

Faith teachings are rich with metaphors some of which people take literally

The subject matter here is too complex and vast for men to understand. There is far too many missing pieces of this puzzle.

What I believe has been lost by the deniers on this thread is the message by many that near death experience have in common such an enlightening and source of peace and joy to the point that they did not want to return.

Why argue when you can take comfort that in that last moment the light will shine upon you.

EXCELLENT POST and very well said.........
Old 04-26-2014, 02:15 PM
Sage

Quote:
Yes, matter of fact,He IS a promoter of books, the greatest one is the Bible!
:-) I know someone personally who also died and went to Heaven and God told her she had to go back, b/c her family needed her and she had more "work" to do. Obviously, this young boy also had a mission to yet be accomplished, which is now being fulfilled...:-)
God is all knowing so there wouldn't be any need to take someones soul up to heaven and then send it back. God would know in advance that the person is needed on earth. God is not unknowing and indecisive! ;-)

Speaking of God being a promoter of books, He used to put a Bible on every hotel night-table. Does He still do that? :-)
Old 04-26-2014, 02:54 PM
Veteran member

[QUOTE=Villages PL;868557]God is all knowing so there wouldn't be any need to take someones soul up to heaven and then send it back. God would know in advance that the person is needed on earth. God is not unknowing and indecisive! ;-)

Speaking of God being a promoter of books, He used to put a Bible on every hotel night-table. Does He still do that? :-)[/

God can do anything He wants to.... He'll use anyone and anything to accomplish His will. The Gideons ministry is to reach the lost and they still do by putting the Bible in hotels. God loves to show His power by allowing someone to die and then be brought back to life in order to let those who don't believe in a Heaven to be exposed to the miraculous power that He has by using a innocent child. Just the fact that we're talking about it proves that... :-) God cannot be mocked...
Old 04-26-2014, 02:59 PM
Sage

Well, I am not following all of this, but back to my interest, is being a Christian the way of salvation or not? Is their a god or not?
Old 04-26-2014, 03:21 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingnut View Post
Well, I am not following all of this, but back to my interest, is being a Christian the way of salvation or not? Is their a god or not?
Yes,and yes. Jesus IS the way to reach eternal life. He came to earth to save sinners from hell by dying in our place on the cross so that we can live eternally with Him. I think if people are wondering if there truly is a God, then they need to ask Him to reveal Himself in ways that you can understand. He will answer you through awesome and miraculous ways that are personal with you. I know this to be true as He did this for me when I was seeking Him in my life many yrs ago. He's real and wants to have a personal relationship with you everyday b/c He loves you more than you can ever know! :-) God bless you!
Old 04-26-2014, 03:58 PM
Sage

Quote:
Yes,and yes. Jesus IS the way to reach eternal life. He came to earth to save sinners from hell by dying in our place on the cross so that we can live eternally with Him. I think if people are wondering if there truly is a God, then they need to ask Him to reveal Himself in ways that you can understand. He will answer you through awesome and miraculous ways that are personal with you. I know this to be true as He did this for me when I was seeking Him in my life many yrs ago. He's real and wants to have a personal relationship with you everyday b/c He loves you more than you can ever know! :-) God bless you!

Wonderful response.
Old 04-26-2014, 04:01 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingnut View Post
IMO, you can ask man everywhere if there is a God and get more of the alleged wisdom and real truth and won't know the difference intellectually.
Why not ask God, did you send Jesus and if so I'd like to know Him...if God does not answer you...you have your answer.
Old 04-26-2014, 04:29 PM
Veteran member

God gave us a brain for a reason. He intended we should use it. It was designed to weigh and consider the deep issues of life. IMO, 'blind' faith does not honor that gift.
Old 04-26-2014, 04:57 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker View Post
God gave us a brain for a reason. He intended we should use it. It was designed to weigh and consider the deep issues of life. IMO, 'blind' faith does not honor that gift.
If you can outsmart your maker, you're in good company. Not the company I want to be in...
post edited for clarification. A friend offered me a chance to make my assertion more clear..
indeed, we have a brain. By design, faith is not a matter of intellect, or only smarts would get us to God. Faith and intellect can be/often are, at odds. In my case, faith was a conscious decision that intellect could not earn entry to knowledge of divinity. The brain can't go where faith can go.
No intention to say I don't want to be with people who think otherwise...saying I can't trust my intellect more than my knowing. It's another realm.

Last edited by kittygilchrist; 04-27-2014 at 05:59 AM.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.