Hidden gem movies

Closed Thread
Old 01-13-2018, 05:20 PM
Default Hidden gem movies

After two trips from Charlotte to Spanish Springs to see Darkest Hour and not getting into the Rialto I started looking for options. Sold out the first time and only front row seats the second. I discovered a "hidden gem". AMC theater in Leesburg South of the airport on 441. I went on Fandango and bought reserved seat tickets for less than $5@. This was senior price for the early show. Even with the service charge, it was around $11 for two. Later show are priced accordingly with the highest senior price less than the $8.50 the Villages charges. No more shut out, no more fighting the farmers market crowd, no more blocked streets for village functions, and a reserved seat. Now for the surprises, all the seats are recliners. The theater we were in is small, under 100 seats. Not sure about the others. AND full bar service after noon. Did not check the prices, but assume theater mark up.

Negatively the theater is about 30 minutes South and East from Rohan. Not a problem for me because Charlotte is about the same distance from Spanish Springs. It is in a sort of run down mall, but the occupancy is about 75%. If you decide to try it, the theater is around in back of the mall. Turn right when you enter the main entrance off 441 and go around to the right to the theater.
Old 01-13-2018, 08:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,319 Times in 2,056 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by baustgen View Post
After two trips from Charlotte to Spanish Springs to see Darkest Hour and not getting into the Rialto I started looking for options. Sold out the first time and only front row seats the second. I discovered a "hidden gem". AMC theater in Leesburg South of the airport on 441. I went on Fandango and bought reserved seat tickets for less than $5@. This was senior price for the early show. Even with the service charge, it was around $11 for two. Later show are priced accordingly with the highest senior price less than the $8.50 the Villages charges. No more shut out, no more fighting the farmers market crowd, no more blocked streets for village functions, and a reserved seat. Now for the surprises, all the seats are recliners. The theater we were in is small, under 100 seats. Not sure about the others. AND full bar service after noon. Did not check the prices, but assume theater mark up.

Negatively the theater is about 30 minutes South and East from Rohan. Not a problem for me because Charlotte is about the same distance from Spanish Springs. It is in a sort of run down mall, but the occupancy is about 75%. If you decide to try it, the theater is around in back of the mall. Turn right when you enter the main entrance off 441 and go around to the right to the theater.
I used to go there when the Villages' Theaters would not show Lionsgate movies because of movies tied into the contract they did not want to show here.

They worked the bugs out in the contract and now show Lionsgate movies.

When I went there, the screens were of various sizes.
Old 01-14-2018, 08:49 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by baustgen View Post

If you like a very good for the price Chinese buffet, NOTHING compares to Ichiban, it's on the corner.
Old 01-14-2018, 04:38 PM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

Tried to see Darkest Hour this Sunday afternoon. Sold out again with many wanting to see it. Many try the Leesburg theater in the future.
Closed Thread

Tags
theater, seats, south, seat, reserved

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.