Journey to the Center of the Earth

Closed Thread
Old 07-12-2008, 01:11 PM
Platinum member
Default Journey to the Center of the Earth

The classic Jules Verne at its best! Exceptional adventurous remake. The 3-D version wasn't available here, but it was great in 2-D. A couple of slow moments, but the movie as a whole, great! :bigthumbsup:
Old 07-12-2008, 01:21 PM
Taltarzac
Default Re: Journey to the Center of the Earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokinronda
The classic Jules Verne at its best! Exceptional adventurous remake. The 3-D version wasn't available here, but it was great in 2-D. A couple of slow moments, but the movie as a whole, great! :bigthumbsup:
Is that the thing with glasses, Rokinronda? I mean the 3-D?? Tried watching one of these 3-D movies with those glasses in Palm Harbor and they gave me a headache while watching the movie.
Old 07-12-2008, 01:54 PM
Platinum member

Yes Tal, the glasses. The movie is great in 2-D, but supposedly the 3-D is better than it used to be. When did you live in Palm Harbor? This adventure sure has some amazing effects. I would not advise taking young children. The fish scared me! I shall say no more! :bigthumbsup:
Old 07-12-2008, 03:30 PM
Taltarzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokinronda
Yes Tal, the glasses. The movie is great in 2-D, but supposedly the 3-D is better than it used to be. When did you live in Palm Harbor? This adventure sure has some amazing effects. I would not advise taking young children. The fish scared me! I shall say no more! :bigthumbsup:
We lived in Palm Harbor, FL from 1996 through 2005. I volunteered for about 1400 hours -- 10 to 14 hours per week-- at the Palm Harbor Library as well as at East Lake Community Library which is also in Palm Harbor from 2000 through 2003.

I did not get along all that well with the Director of Palm Harbor Library Gene Coppola especially with respect to links at both of these libraries to the FL Victim Services Directory http://myfloridalegal.com/directory. I had a devil of a time getting them and keeping them working at both of these Palm Harbor libraries. I had to involve the Pinellas County Comissioners to eventually get these links at both libraries and even got a lawsuit and blacklist from volunteering threat from the Palm Harbor Library General Counsel on March 2, 2004 for things I sent by e-mail to Palm Harbor Library staff allegedly about Gene Coppola's truthfulness about there being a link at Palm Harbor Library.

I also got a little ****ed at times at Gene Coppola because he sometimes would seem to take credit for the work I had been doing for survivors of crimes even though Palm Harbor Library and East Lake CL often did not have a link to the FL Victim Services Directrory.

Sort of important for my credibility when I was trying to persuade other libraries in FL to get a link to this directory and the libraries I was listed in many Who's Who publications as having volunteered at-- Palm Harbor Library and East Lake Community Library-- did not have a working link to this Directory.

The last time I checked the link is still at Palm Harbor http://www.palmharborlibrary.org/links/florida.htm but seems to have disappeared again at East Lake Community Library.http://www.eastlakelibrary.org/

I still go back to Palm Harbor 3 or 4 times a year on average.

Still see that the library I had the least problems with with respect to this link for victims of crimes-- Tarpon Springs Public Library-- still has their link. http://www.tblc.org/tarpon/florida.html

Back to movies, I did try to get Hollywood involved with this cause of access to practical information for survivors of crimes-- using the numbers 2 2 4 and 6 1 3 I have associated with it since mid 1993-- but have no idea really if they got interested in it. Did notice Gene Coppola though sometimes bringing these numbers into stuff even though I had a lot of problems with this work while I was in Palm Harbor like the lawsuit and blacklist from volunteering threat dated March 2, 2004 (3-02-2004).
Old 07-12-2008, 10:28 PM
Veteran member

Bev & I saw this in 3D last night and it was spectacular. :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:
The special glasses were not like those from yesteryear. They actually had frames and you don't throw them away on exiting. They fit right over your eyeglasses.
Loved the movie. Going to take my 13 year old grand daughter to see it next week again.
:hot: :2cool: 040
Larry
Wanabee future TVer
Old 07-13-2008, 11:43 AM
Taltarzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by diskman
Bev & I saw this in 3D last night and it was spectacular. :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:
The special glasses were not like those from yesteryear. They actually had frames and you don't throw them away on exiting. They fit right over your eyeglasses.
Loved the movie. Going to take my 13 year old grand daughter to see it next week again.
:hot: :2cool: 040
Larry
Unfortunately I am not aware of any theaters close to the Villages which have the 3-D capability???? This is a list for our region of 3-D capable theaters. Seems the closest are in Orlando, then the Tampa Bay area. http://marketsaw.blogspot.com/2007/1...-colorado.html
Old 07-14-2008, 06:13 AM
Veteran member

Well yes, sorry about that. We are still in sunny California for another 43 months
by then there should be 3d somewhere close. ;D
Wanabee future TVer
Old 07-14-2008, 11:48 AM
Sage

I'm glad I read this thread. I was thinking about taking the granddaughter (7) to this movie.
I'll rethink that. Ronda, when are your grands here?
Old 07-24-2008, 03:59 PM
Taltarzac

Saw this movie yesterday at the Old Mill Playhouse at 3:00 p.m. in 2-D. Thought it was OK. Kids should really like it. http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/10008588-journey_3d/
Old 08-03-2008, 02:25 AM

Mr. Travel and I saw Journey tonight and really enjoyed it - even without the 3D. If you enjoy fantasy and imagination, and good clean fun, it's a great pic! Take the grandkids if you can ~
Travel
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.