mother!

Closed Thread
Old 09-19-2017, 07:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,319 Times in 2,056 Posts
Question mother!

mother! (2017) - Rotten Tomatoes

I am not sure I want to see this one. Javier Bardem can be so creepy in some roles like a James Bond movie of late- Skyfall- as well as No Country for Old Men. Javier Bardem - Rotten Tomatoes

Jennifer Lawrence is good in almost anything and is supposedly phenomenal in this movie. Jennifer Lawrence - Rotten Tomatoes
Old 09-21-2017, 09:24 AM
Veteran member

Disgusting. Worst movie I've ever seen!! I walked out.

Last edited by eremite06; 09-21-2017 at 11:06 AM.
Old 09-21-2017, 09:26 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by eremite06 View Post
Disgusting. Worse movie I've ever seen!!
I have heard that some people will re-act like this.
Old 09-21-2017, 01:01 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by eremite06 View Post
Disgusting. Worst movie I've ever seen!! I walked out.
i was told it really is all about Hollywood's obsession about climate change. is that true?
Old 09-21-2017, 01:15 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
i was told it really is all about Hollywood's obsession about climate change. is that true?
I had heard it was about pregnancy and the problems with it. All in a kind of horrifying metaphor.
Old 09-21-2017, 04:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

The director is Darren Aronofsky who made Black Swan, The Wrestler and Requiem for a Dream which I thought all three were great. He also did The Fountain and Noah which were not too good. I have a feeling this movie is like The Fountain, that it doesn't make too much sense. I just looked at IMDB and most fan reviews are giving it very poor scores, only 1 to 4 stars. Here's a review that is brief and to the point and contains spoilers, so don't read it if you still plan to go. I do not, I will wait for HBO so I read it.

I Want My 2 Hours Back by Maclean..Ottawa, Canada

In a nutshell..... The story of a writer-blocked poet (Bardem) and his beautiful young wife (Lawrence) who has adoring fans (including Ed Harris and his wife Michelle Pfeiffer) that flock to his home just to be in his presence. Forgive the run on sentence........Harris is dying of cancer, his two sons arrive to fight over his money, get into a fistfight and one gets killed, more fans arrive, Lawrence goes into labour, fans start to riot, tearing the house apart, she has the baby, he wants to show his fans, she says no, he sits and stares at her for days, she falls asleep, he takes the baby, shows his fans, they grab the baby, kill it and eat it, Mom goes nuts, runs to the basement with a wrench, bashed a hole in the oil tank and sets it on fire and blows up the whole place, Bardem carries her charred body, sets her down and proceeds to reach in her chest and take out her heart, with her permission. He squeezes her heart til it turns to glass, sets it in a stand, the next scene there's a new wife and the whole thing starts over again. There! Just saved you $10........you're welcome!
Old 09-21-2017, 08:37 PM
Sage
Thumbs down Spoiler ALERT.

That sounds like something I would not want to see at all. Jennifer Lawrence or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
The director is Darren Aronofsky who made Black Swan, The Wrestler and Requiem for a Dream which I thought all three were great. He also did The Fountain and Noah which were not too good. I have a feeling this movie is like The Fountain, that it doesn't make too much sense. I just looked at IMDB and most fan reviews are giving it very poor scores, only 1 to 4 stars. Here's a review that is brief and to the point and contains spoilers, so don't read it if you still plan to go. I do not, I will wait for HBO so I read it.

In a nutshell..... The story of a writer-blocked poet (Bardem) and his beautiful young wife (Lawrence) who has adoring fans (including Ed Harris and his wife Michelle Pfeiffer) that flock to his home just to be in his presence. Forgive the run on sentence........Harris is dying of cancer, his two sons arrive to fight over his money, get into a fistfight and one gets killed, more fans arrive, Lawrence goes into labour, fans start to riot, tearing the house apart, she has the baby, he wants to show his fans, she says no, he sits and stares at her for days, she falls asleep, he takes the baby, shows his fans, they grab the baby, kill it and eat it, Mom goes nuts, runs to the basement with a wrench, bashed a hole in the oil tank and sets it on fire and blows up the whole place, Bardem carries her charred body, sets her down and proceeds to reach in her chest and take out her heart, with her permission. He squeezes her heart til it turns to glass, sets it in a stand, the next scene there's a new wife and the whole thing starts over again. There! Just saved you $10........you're welcome!
Old 12-25-2017, 02:26 PM
Sage

I finally got around to viewing this and it looks like an allegorical movie about the Christian religion and Jesus Christ as well as creativity.

Very hard to watch with all the horror in it though.

Last edited by Taltarzac725; 12-25-2017 at 02:48 PM.
Old 12-26-2017, 06:32 PM
Veteran member
Location: Wilmington Ohio, bought in Hadley Village January 2009, move when we can retire

egads
Old 12-26-2017, 09:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post

Wow, so much for climate change.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
Old 12-26-2017, 09:58 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-Town View Post
Wow, so much for climate change.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
It did change the climate of the room where I was watching it.
Closed Thread

Tags
mother

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.