Poms

Poms

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Poms
  #1  
Old 02-23-2019, 03:12 PM
champion6's Avatar
champion6 champion6 is offline
Sage
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Tamarind Grove
Posts: 3,929
Thanks: 0
Thanked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Default Poms

This is sure to be a hit in TV: POMS (2019) Official Trailer
Reply With Quote

  #2  
Old 02-23-2019, 05:36 PM
Taltarzac725's Avatar
Taltarzac725 Taltarzac725 is offline
Sage
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 39,580
Thanks: 73
Thanked 51 Times in 47 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by champion6 View Post
This is sure to be a hit in TV: POMS (2019) Official Trailer
That looks like a sure thing for the Villages. I hope they put it in a few different theaters at the same time.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #3  
Old 05-10-2019, 07:44 AM
Taltarzac725's Avatar
Taltarzac725 Taltarzac725 is offline
Sage
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 39,580
Thanks: 73
Thanked 51 Times in 47 Posts
Question

Poms (2019) - Rotten Tomatoes

I may have to go see this to get my own take on it.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-06-2019, 08:29 AM
kas52 kas52 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 45
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Saw Poms. Loved it! Brought back memories of cheerleading in junior high & high school; living in Phoenix, AZ during the 80's and now enjoying the benefits of The Villages, FL.

Poms Movie: The True Story Behind the “Sun City Poms” Women Poms Movie: The True Story Behind the “Sun City Poms” Women

Del Webb’s Sun City Peachtree Stars Alongside Diane Keaton in Latest Film, Poms Del Webb’s Sun City Peachtree Stars Alongside Diane Keaton in Latest Film, Poms
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-06-2019, 10:15 AM
lanabanana73's Avatar
lanabanana73 lanabanana73 is offline
Veteran member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Windsor, VT
Posts: 670
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I thought this was a great "feel good" movie. Easy to watch. Cried at the end!
__________________
Alanna from Vermont

Drank the Kool-Aid and now own a home in Tamarind Grove. Yippee!!
Reply With Quote
Poms
  #6  
Old 06-07-2019, 11:22 AM
ladylake1's Avatar
ladylake1 ladylake1 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Santiago
Posts: 438
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Poms

Quote:
Originally Posted by champion6 View Post
This is sure to be a hit in TV: POMS (2019) Official Trailer
I really enjoyed this movie. Knew what the ending would be so wasn't as hard to take. Not really a comedy but alot of laughs because of the "characters."
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-07-2019, 12:21 PM
Taltarzac725's Avatar
Taltarzac725 Taltarzac725 is offline
Sage
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 39,580
Thanks: 73
Thanked 51 Times in 47 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladylake1 View Post
I really enjoyed this movie. Knew what the ending would be so wasn't as hard to take. Not really a comedy but alot of laughs because of the "characters."
May go see this one if not too crowded on a $5 Tuesday showing. Probably be the only single male in the audience.
Reply With Quote
Poms comes out on Blu-Ray DVD August 6, 2019.
  #8  
Old 08-01-2019, 08:40 AM
Taltarzac725's Avatar
Taltarzac725 Taltarzac725 is offline
Sage
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 39,580
Thanks: 73
Thanked 51 Times in 47 Posts
Default Poms comes out on Blu-Ray DVD August 6, 2019.

Poms DVD Release Date August 6, 2019

I just may have to buy this one. If there are any left after Villagers find it.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-10-2019, 11:43 AM
Boomer Boomer is offline
Soaring Parsley
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,744
Thanks: 0
Thanked 12 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Watched it on Amazon Prime last night. Entertaining. Moves fast.

Some of the negatively portrayed character-types we know all too well, for real, at this point in our lives -- The Busy Bodies. The Queen Bees. The Jackasses. All there. Fun to see them captured on the screen though.

It was also fun to see Rhea Perlman not being Carla. Loved how her character blossomed, along with the others, too.

(As an aside: To those of us still trying to figure out how to finally go gray, Diane Keaton's hair deserves a close look. It appears that it was heavily highlighted with the color brought up very light and probably with a toner to keep out the brass. (Toners are a good thing, too often skipped.)Then there were lowlights throughout, to add dimension. Looked good. Warning: I am not a hairstylist. I just happen to think I can recognize a good dye job when I see one. And I still have not managed to go gently into my true hair color so I am always looking at gray hair and trying to figure out how to get from Point A to Point Z without the long growing out time. I think Diane Keaton is 72 or 73 -- not sure.)

Last edited by Boomer; 08-10-2019 at 12:00 PM. Reason: typos
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-10-2019, 12:42 PM
Taltarzac725's Avatar
Taltarzac725 Taltarzac725 is offline
Sage
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 39,580
Thanks: 73
Thanked 51 Times in 47 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
Watched it on Amazon Prime last night. Entertaining. Moves fast.

Some of the negatively portrayed character-types we know all too well, for real, at this point in our lives -- The Busy Bodies. The Queen Bees. The Jackasses. All there. Fun to see them captured on the screen though.

It was also fun to see Rhea Perlman not being Carla. Loved how her character blossomed, along with the others, too.

(As an aside: To those of us still trying to figure out how to finally go gray, Diane Keaton's hair deserves a close look. It appears that it was heavily highlighted with the color brought up very light and probably with a toner to keep out the brass. (Toners are a good thing, too often skipped.)Then there were lowlights throughout, to add dimension. Looked good. Warning: I am not a hairstylist. I just happen to think I can recognize a good dye job when I see one. And I still have not managed to go gently into my true hair color so I am always looking at gray hair and trying to figure out how to get from Point A to Point Z without the long growing out time. I think Diane Keaton is 72 or 73 -- not sure.)
Diane Keaton - Rotten Tomatoes

She is 73. Born January 5, 1946.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
poms, official, trailer, hit

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:13 AM.