Renting Movies

Closed Thread
Old 01-09-2011, 03:41 PM
Default Renting Movies

I often rent DVDs from Blockbuster (sure hope the store in The Villages does not close). I recently rented two movies which I thought were fantastic. Please Give and Mother & Child. Both were very enjoyable with great acting and interesting story lines.
Old 01-09-2011, 04:34 PM
Taltarzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSNPA View Post
I often rent DVDs from Blockbuster (sure hope the store in The Villages does not close). I recently rented two movies which I thought were fantastic. Please Give and Mother & Child. Both were very enjoyable with great acting and interesting story lines.
Never heard of either of them but will look into them. There has not been any indication that the Villages' Blockbuster is closing. I did hear that their management team might be shuffled if they do not pull in certain numbers on sales and rentals.
Old 01-10-2011, 09:21 AM
Gold member
Default Block Buster

I think this store is going the way of the dodo. Red box is cheaper and more convenient. We use netflix both the DVD and instant streaming and don't miss Blockbuster at all,
Old 01-10-2011, 01:06 PM
Eternal Member

I am in the BB online program and am very happy with it. I do not use the option of turning in an online movie for a movie at the brick and mortar store because they still have the time constraints.

I did a trial of NetFlix and like their ordering and queue manipulation better than BB but they do not get the latest movies until a few weeks after BB. I also think that BB has more of the oldies.

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 01-11-2011, 02:13 AM
Sage

At one of the first VCR movie rental places I used they required that you give them a deposit check of $100 to cover the cost of unreturned movies. They didn't cash the check but kept it on file just in case.

Probably around 1985. Now you can use Redbox for a buck credit card charge.

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 01-11-2011, 03:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSNPA View Post
If BB closes or you want another option, I would suggest you visit RedBox.com. There are RedBox kiosks at many TV locations with a large selection of recent movies for $1 per night rental. I use them all the time.

Please Give
http://www.redbox.com/Locations/Loca...162&movie=3857

Mother and Child
http://www.redbox.com/Locations/Loca...162&movie=4316
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.