Sound of Freedom. (2023)

Closed Thread
Old 07-20-2023, 03:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,320 Times in 2,057 Posts
Default Sound of Freedom. (2023)

Sound of Freedom - Rotten Tomatoes

Really worth a look on a movie screen!!! The movie can speak for itself.

Go see it!
Old 07-21-2023, 07:53 PM
Sage

UNITAS

This might be of interest. During the 18 years I have lived here in the Villages I have met many very intelligent, compassionate and especially experienced people. Maybe you have good ideas about how people could be helped in your former hometowns? Especially with respect to crimes against kids. What can be done while following the Rule of Law and the protections found in the US and state Constitutions?

I really admired the heroism of the character in this movie even if the actual facts are a lot more complicated.

What is child slavery? | Anti-Slavery International

Education - Unlikely Heroes : Unlikely Heroes

Resource guide on child labour (ILO Library)

Child labour | UNICEF

Design For Freedom

Last edited by Taltarzac725; 07-21-2023 at 08:59 PM.
Old 07-21-2023, 08:20 PM
Sage

Human Rights Library- University of Minnesota

There might be a law library with more up-to-date information. The U of MN law library's site looks like it has not been updated in years.

And what is in your hometown library that may help with this?

Again, many Villagers have many contacts in their local communities. What more could be done there?

I think this website in my hometown for a time is quite good for finding information. It is the Washoe County Sheriff's Office website in Northern Nevada. I lived in Reno for 13 years. Washoe County Sheriff's Office

Last edited by Taltarzac725; 07-21-2023 at 08:32 PM.
Old 07-21-2023, 08:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,523 Times in 3,109 Posts

The town I came from didn't have any significant crimes against kids. A few were abused by their own parents and one was sexually assaulted by a relative. By and large though, it was a pretty vanilla town where "family values" actually meant something more than a political meme. People valued family, including their neighborhoods, the schools, the kids. A handful of kids were rotten to the core and we felt bad for the parents. That's pretty standard in most suburbs though. We had no one go missing, there were two murder incidents in a 30-year span (one was murder-suicide of his own family, the other was a guy who shot and killed the bartender after some kind of previous argument). A couple of months where there were house burglaries and car break-ins, but they caught the guys who were doing it and that stopped.

It's a great town. An idyllic New England suburb.
Old 07-21-2023, 09:02 PM
Sage

Sounds like a nice place to be.

My old hometown of Reno, Nevada has changed a great deal but did have various crimes while I lived there. Seems much more dangerous now.

Also lived in Denver for a year; a summer and a few pieces of summers in the Phoenix, AZ area; five and a half years in Minneapolis; nine years in Palm, Harbor, FL; four months near some of O'Hare Airport's flight airways in Itasca, IL; and the first nine years in a suburb of Milwaukee, WI. And about six years and many visits from Minneapolis to the Sonoma County, CA wine producing area.

Child Sex Trafficking

My guess is that many of these places do have problems with child sex trafficking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
The town I came from didn't have any significant crimes against kids. A few were abused by their own parents and one was sexually assaulted by a relative. By and large though, it was a pretty vanilla town where "family values" actually meant something more than a political meme. People valued family, including their neighborhoods, the schools, the kids. A handful of kids were rotten to the core and we felt bad for the parents. That's pretty standard in most suburbs though. We had no one go missing, there were two murder incidents in a 30-year span (one was murder-suicide of his own family, the other was a guy who shot and killed the bartender after some kind of previous argument). A couple of months where there were house burglaries and car break-ins, but they caught the guys who were doing it and that stopped.

It's a great town. An idyllic New England suburb.

Last edited by Taltarzac725; 07-21-2023 at 11:05 PM.
Old 11-03-2023, 01:50 PM
Sage
Default Out on Digital.

An important movie even if it plays fast and loose with the facts.

How to Watch Sound of Freedom Online
Old 11-03-2023, 02:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,682 Times in 1,534 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
Sound of Freedom - Rotten Tomatoes

Really worth a look on a movie screen!!! The movie can speak for itself.

Go see it!
It was playing here in TV about a month back. Is it still playing here? Nearest I could make out is that Altamonte Springs is currently the closest place showing it.

Sound of Freedom is one of those movies that for many people their mind is made up whether to love it or hate it before they ever step into the theater, both because of the "culture war" brouhaha surrounding it as well as the company producing it (Angel Studios). For myself I thought that it was very good: maybe 7.5 out of 10. I've always been a Jim Caviezel fan and in my opinion he does an excellent job here, though for the most part the rest of the cast does not rise much if any above "competent". The divisiveness of the topic is evident however in reading the Rotten Tomatoes review: the reviews that I read either love it for the topic or hate it for the political overtones, to the extent that you wonder sometimes if they were even talking about the same movie. The split is further evident in the "Tomatometer" which had the movie at 58%, while the audience overwhelmingly favored it at 99%.

But...yeah. I agree. Worth watching.
Old 11-03-2023, 02:55 PM

There is no question that it is an important subject, but why isn't it much closer to the actual facts? Some poetic license occurs in most movies, but I'm not sure why the movie wouldn't be just as compelling if it was more accurate.
Old 11-04-2023, 03:24 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRedSox! View Post
There is no question that it is an important subject, but why isn't it much closer to the actual facts? Some poetic license occurs in most movies, but I'm not sure why the movie wouldn't be just as compelling if it was more accurate.
The main character would not seem so heroic. He had a lot of help in the real life situation.
Closed Thread

Tags
movie, screen, speak, sound, worth

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.