There Will Be Blood

Closed Thread
Old 04-15-2008, 01:10 PM
Taltarzac
Default There Will Be Blood

Saw the DVD of There Will Be Blood last night. Very intense movie with great acting and cinematography. Not the kind of movie though I will be seeing for a second time for quite some time though. Did like the number on a train in the film 1632 but could not quite catch the one on the license plate just after this scene.

Similar numbers seemed to be in the other rather dark movie from 2007-- No Country for Old Men.
Old 04-15-2008, 02:11 PM
Eternal Member
Default Re: There Will Be Blood

Saw it in the theater and was somewhat awed by the film. I couldn't take my eyes off the screen and as you said the acting was really first rate. Daniel Day Lewis was astounding.
And as for the ending, unlike "No Country For Old Men" which reminded me of the Soprano's what-the-heck-happened ending, "There Will Be Blood" left very little to the imagination.

Cinematography was eye catching, and the sound track was a real "less is more" success.

The ending left me not sure if I even liked it - we sat there for a minute absorbing it all.

Intense is a great descriptive word for it.
Old 04-16-2008, 08:09 PM
Taltarzac

I was looking for the new movie times for TV theaters, and see that There Will Be Blood will be at the Old Mill Playhouse starting on Friday the 18th of April. This is not exactly a pleasant movie experience but if you like great acting, cinematography, and things like Shakespeare's King Lear and Othello you would like There Will Be Blood. ;D op: 040 024 wav
Old 04-16-2008, 09:38 PM

Thank goodness "There Will Be Blood" is finally coming. Seems if I have been waiting forever. I also hope The Kite Runner eventually plays here. I do not understand how the Village theaters select the movies they show. I am afraid we miss out on many.
Old 04-17-2008, 01:01 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSNPA
Thank goodness "There Will Be Blood" is finally coming. Seems if I have been waiting forever. I also hope The Kite Runner eventually plays here. I do not understand how the Village theaters select the movies they show. I am afraid we miss out on many.
You hit the nail on the head with this one. While Hollywood "classics" such as Drillbit Taylor and College Road Trip show up at TV as soon as they are released, we have to wait until movies such as "There Will Be Blood" are released on DVD before we can see them in the local theater. It's ridiculous!
Old 04-18-2008, 01:41 PM
Taltarzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmertl
You hit the nail on the head with this one. While Hollywood "classics" such as Drillbit Taylor and College Road Trip show up at TV as soon as they are released, we have to wait until movies such as "There Will Be Blood" are released on DVD before we can see them in the local theater. It's ridiculous!

It's probably the limited number of copies of movies like There Will Be Blood and The Kite Runner and the smaller market made up by TV. Even though the population of TV is growing day by day enough that there should be a fairly good target market right here in TV for movies like these.

Was surprised and happy when No Country for Old Men opened here in TV. Thought I would have had to go up to Ocala to see that one.

Just hope Young @ Heart gets here into the Villages soon. ;D
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.