What is the most overrated Academy Award Best Picture?

View Poll Results: What are the most overrated Oscar Best Pictures in the last 30 years or so?
The Hurt Locker 7 15.22%
No Country for Old Men 6 13.04%
Crash 12 26.09%
Million Dollar Baby 2 4.35%
American Beauty 8 17.39%
Shakespeare in Love 9 19.57%
The Last Emperor 4 8.70%
Out of Africa 2 4.35%
Amadeus 4 8.70%
Another AA (Oscar) Best Picture 3 6.52%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Old 07-13-2010, 07:29 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
But you just cannot stop there! Oh my! You did not mention symbolism and foreshadowing.......

Like in one of my favorite movies Body Heat. (1981) It's set in Florida. And it is hot. Kathleen Turner is setting up William Hurt to murder her rich husband Richard Crenna. There is a scene early in the movie where a clown drives by in a car. William Hurt has no idea the clown is symbolizing him and is foreshadowing what he's in for. (But for a lot of the movie, ya know....he did not seem to care anyway.)

But I digress....I do not think Body Heat won the Academy Award which is the topic here I guess. But all these years later, I cannot hear wind chimes without thinking about that movie. It had a real 1940's feel to it, too, which I like.

Oh well, enough digressing.....for now. Next thing you know I will be making everybody sing "Happy Birthday" to the best-written book ever -- To Kill a Mockingbird which turned 50 on July 11. And then I will go on and on about how the movie version was every bit as perfect as the book. The only time that has ever happened -- in my opinion.

Boomer Lee
With every word!
Old 07-13-2010, 08:39 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

Yes, Body Heat, what a great movie. Both Kathleen Turner and William Hurt should have won Oscars for that movie. Some movies you can just feel the moment and Body Heat was one of them.

Another that you felt like you were there was Cape Fear with Robert Mitchum.
Old 07-26-2010, 06:48 PM
Default Another suggested bomb

Chariots of Fire...of course with caveat "IMHO"

Question with boldness
Hold to the truth
Speak without fear

"Too soon old...too late smart"
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.