Whose movies do you binge watch?

Closed Thread
Old 07-26-2015, 07:40 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,319 Times in 2,056 Posts
Default Whose movies do you binge watch?

Library Guide to Binge-Watching | The New York Public Library

I have been watching some of Clint Eastwork's works. Just finished watching Blood Work again last night.
Old 07-26-2015, 08:30 AM
Sage

Trying to watch "Games of Thrones" but the initial two episodes left me, somewhat uninterested.

Hopefully, it will pick-up as my son seems to love it and has the complete series.

Tal:

Did you know that John Wayne was offered "Dirty Harry" before Clint Eastwood and turned it down, as he thought it was too violent.

He surely lamented, that poor decision.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 07-26-2015, 08:38 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BNTV View Post
Trying to watch "Games of Thrones" but the initial two episodes left me, somewhat uninterested.

Hopefully, it will pick-up as my son seems to love it and has the complete series.

Tal:

Did you know that John Wayne was offered "Dirty Harry" before Clint Eastwood and turned it down, as he thought it was too violent.

He surely lamented, that poor decision.
Thanks for that information, 2BNTV. I had not known that. I love Game of Thrones the Series anyway. The books require a huge amount of brain cells IMHO trying to remember all the hundreds of characters and many different kingdom histories. The Series nor the books appeal to everyone.
Old 07-26-2015, 09:36 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,023 Times in 455 Posts

Currently, I am watching the Danish TV series, Rita (Mille Dinesen) on Netflix. This story about a school teacher can be a little risque at times and some language may offend (subtitles), but it's good stuff. It also happens to be worth the price of admission just to watch Rita walk around in her tight jeans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BNTV View Post
Did you know that John Wayne was offered "Matt Dillon" in Gunsmoke. He is the one that recommended James Arness for the part.
Old 07-26-2015, 10:15 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

I like Woody Allen's movies. Loved "Midnight in Paris". I have no interest in his private life, just like his movies.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 07-26-2015, 10:54 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

The original three Star Wars movies, Eastwood's spaghetti westerns, Fast & Furious franchise, any and all Star Trek movies, and, when in the right mood, anything directed by Ron Howard or Penny Marshall. For oldies, Edward G., Cagney, Fred & Ginger, Tracy & Hepburn, anything by either Audrey or Kate. Oh, yeah, have seriously binged on the older Jackie Chan movies. Then there's just the good ole gratuitous violence movies (most be totally unrealistic and good for a giggle or two, no Halloween types). Really not a fan of serious drama or chick flicks.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 07-26-2015, 12:13 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecuadog View Post
Currently, I am watching the Danish TV series, Rita (Mille Dinesen) on Netflix. This story about a school teacher can be a little risque at times and some language may offend (subtitles), but it's good stuff. It also happens to be worth the price of admission just to watch Rita walk around in her tight jeans.

Did you know that John Wayne was offered "Matt Dillon" in Gunsmoke. He is the one that recommended James Arness for the part.
That's something I might like.
Old 07-26-2015, 12:45 PM
Soaring Eagle member

My husband, not me: Back to the Future, Tremors and Sharknado.
Old 07-26-2015, 01:37 PM

Netflix series, "Grace and Frankie" with Lily Tomlin and Jane Fonda is so funny that my husband and I watched the entire series in two days. Can't wait until next year!
Old 07-26-2015, 02:59 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villager Joyce View Post
My husband, not me: Back to the Future, Tremors and Sharknado.
I have seen all of those except for the latest Sharknado more than once. Did see the last Sharknado too but they are really getting silly.
Old 07-26-2015, 04:12 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
I have seen all of those except for the latest Sharknado more than once. Did see the last Sharknado too but they are really getting silly.
We will probably watch the latest Sharknado tonight. There will be a 4 because we get to decide if Tara's character lives or dies. What fun!
Old 07-26-2015, 05:23 PM
Veteran member

Loved the Harry Potter books and movies.
Old 07-26-2015, 05:58 PM
Sage

I just discovered Netflix and love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecuadog View Post
Currently, I am watching the Danish TV series, Rita (Mille Dinesen) on Netflix. This story about a school teacher can be a little risque at times and some language may offend (subtitles), but it's good stuff.
I've also been watching Rita. Funny, but definitely not for everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomsiepop View Post
Netflix series, "Grace and Frankie" with Lily Tomlin and Jane Fonda is so funny that my husband and I watched the entire series in two days. Can't wait until next year!
I really liked the series. It's hard to believe Fonda is 77 and Tomlin is 75.
Old 07-26-2015, 08:39 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
I just discovered Netflix and love it!
WARNING: SIDETRACK ALERT

I just discovered Scribd.com. It's all you can consume too for $8.99/month but it's books. comics and audiobooks.
I love audio books. In the last two weeks I was traveling and listened to 4 audio books [ear binging while I'm doing something else]. I must have tried out another 6 audiobooks that I abandoned. I have been sampling cookbooks and herb garden books and Rick Steves books.
That's what I love about the all you can eat digital services. The most it can cost is $8.99/month.
Old 07-26-2015, 09:12 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwed View Post
WARNING: SIDETRACK ALERT

I just discovered Scribd.com. It's all you can consume too for $8.99/month but it's books. comics and audiobooks.
I love audio books. In the last two weeks I was traveling and listened to 4 audio books [ear binging while I'm doing something else]. I must have tried out another 6 audiobooks that I abandoned. I have been sampling cookbooks and herb garden books and Rick Steves books.
That's what I love about the all you can eat digital services. The most it can cost is $8.99/month.
CONTINUING SIDETRACK ALERT ...
How do you listen to the audio books? Do you have an iPod?
I'm still buying used CDs at the used book store at Colony Plaza.
Closed Thread

Tags
watching, works, eastworks, finished, clint, blood, night, work, binge, movies, watch

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.